Drive tire rotation
07-12-2019, (Subject: Drive tire rotation ) 
RE: Drive tire rotation
I checked my drives again today...they all have that choppy feel....I dont beat my truck...I've had it 6 months and just trying to iron out some issues...
My average speed is usually under the limit...just want to make sure I'm not missing anything stupid...my truck is my bread and butter and I want to get the most out of my investment...
All the trucks that haul a** by me daily must really be tearing their stuff up...
Thanks for the advice....
replyreply
07-12-2019, (Subject: Drive tire rotation ) 
(07-11-2019 )Daytripper Wrote:  I drive up and down the north east extension of 476 and they have 'patched' the road straight across and basically made small speed bumps....I drive the left lane all the way up from exit 74 to avoid the shitty road that we get the pleasure to pay to drive on...

My backhaul is usually 10k or less or empty trailer...think that may have something to do with this wear pattern? I don't go over 70mph...will try backing out of the throttle some...
light loads and and heavy acceleration or high torque. It’s the symptoms. I have the same. (I run half my miles empty. Basically everything I do is wrong.) Lowering air pressure might help if your aired up to max psi. Best fuel mileage is a little over inflated so under inflated will cost fuel mileage. Power is what causes it.
replyreply
07-13-2019, (Subject: Drive tire rotation ) 
How do you feel the choppyness the most? When you slide your hand side to side across the tires or when you slide it forward or when yoy slide it backwards?

Do you have a sliding 5th wheel? If it is too far back, you'll get the back side of every lug on the tire worn off and the front side of every lug sticking up. Or if you tail load your trailer heavy a lot. The correction for this problem is to move your 5th wheel up and rotate your tire in an X pattern.
replyreply
Front to back...
My back hauls are very light....like 7k in the box or empty trailer....

The 5th wheel is slightly forward of being centered between the drives.
replyreply
Will keep up with the 30k X-pattern rotation .
replyreply
07-21-2019, (Subject: Drive tire rotation ) 
In my experience rotating the drives in a x pattern will take care of that. Had Bridgestone 799 open shoulders do that worse than your photos and they straightened out when rotated in a x pattern. We do local to regional lowbed work grossing from 40k empty to over 200k loaded. Your results may very.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.