ISX cam grinds
05-28-2016, (Subject: ISX cam grinds ) 
ISX cam grinds
All ISX's are not created the same, we've been figuring that out. Is there any information on cam duration, lobe separation angle and lift by CPL?
Whether a 400 hp or 600 hp, the head and block castings are the same, bore X stroke, right?
Valves are the same, are there different grinds for the cams, injectors according to application, CPL and HP? Obviously yes but is there anywhere I can look at it?

The big difference is turbo, CAC cfm, mass air flow and injection metering. Has anybody measured the volume of the different systems, big turbo, small turbo, IH or Paccar?

I'm just trying to sort this out.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
05-30-2016, (Subject: ISX cam grinds ) 
RE: ISX cam grinds
I've been wondering this same sort of stuff for awhile now, if you go by part numbers the valve cam is the same on all the motors. The injector cam part # changes between the three tiers which would lead me to believe theres something different between them. Same for injectors they have a different part number for each of the three tiers as well and browsing around Cal's seeing the injection durations change adds to my belief that there's 3 sizes of injectors too.

Ive been meaning to do some reading on cam measurements and stop by the local junk yard an measure and compare them.

In all my searching I've never found anyone that's publish or ever talked about flow testing the CACs and turbos on our trucks as is. But if you go too pickup truck forums you might be able to find some turbo flow info your looking for, those guys are way more intp part specs then the big truck world is
replyreply
05-30-2016, (Subject: ISX cam grinds ) 
RE: ISX cam grinds
If you go by the .050 spec on duration it would not hard to figure out the duration. You would need a degree wheel on the balancer, zeroed out at top dead center then put a dial indicator on the top of the rocker on base circle of the cam set to 0. Start turning the engine over untill it gets to .050 then watch how many degrees on the degree wheel untill dial indicator goes back to .050. This would be your duration do this for intake and exhaust. Most cam makers will give both specs on duration but most go by .050. You could also get a good idea of lift this way also.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.