6NZ Cat 2000
07-10-2019, (Subject: 6NZ Cat 2000 ) 
6NZ Cat 2000
Went to check out a 2000 379 EXHD I was super excited because the owner told it was rebuilt 200000 miles ago and the truck looked neat, got there he started it cold sounded beautiful went out on a test drive and felt it good even though felt it failing sometimes, didn’t mind it cause the truck was parked for couple of months, we got back to his house and opened the hood continue I went straight for the oil cap to check for blow by and the magic died,,, there it was not much but definitely blowby NOW should I buy it or not I really don’t know what went wrong with that rebuilt, what you all think should I do.
replyreply
07-10-2019, (Subject: 6NZ Cat 2000 ) 
RE: 6NZ Cat 2000
Guess it depends on how much blowby. What is coming out of the breather tube?

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
07-11-2019, (Subject: 6NZ Cat 2000 ) 
All internal combustion engines have some degree of blow by...if its a light puff puff puff as the engine is running then it should be fine...if it looks like a coal burning locomotive then stay away lol
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Take it to be dyno'ed. See what the actual blow by rate is.
replyreply
A little blow by is normal. My buddy has one in his T600, he had it inframed around 400,000 miles ago, motor runs like a champ. He is getting close to 7 mpg with it too.
replyreply
I’ve got nothing bad to say about the 6nz, past 10 years only problem I’ve had is an oil cooler, injector cups and 1 valve bridge.
replyreply
(07-10-2019 )Puigmia2686 Wrote:  Went to check out a 2000 379 EXHD I was super excited because the owner told it was rebuilt 200000 miles ago and the truck looked neat, got there he started it cold sounded beautiful went out on a test drive and felt it good even though felt it failing sometimes, didn’t mind it cause the truck was parked for couple of months, we got back to his house and opened the hood continue I went straight for the oil cap to check for blow by and the magic died,,, there it was not much but definitely blowby NOW should I buy it or not I really don’t know what went wrong with that rebuilt, what you all think should I do.

I can only assume you could give a damn about fuel mileage, ore being competitive in the freight-hauling market. I hope your business model is reflective of this, and that your hauling something worth of such an old school fuel0guzzling beast that would put most people in the poor-house if they tried to haul things like dry-van, reefer, or typical flat-bed freight with it. -- trucks like that, otherwise,,. belong in a museum.

lastly, these days,,.. I would be very leary of someone else's inframe,.. too many shops doing terrible work any more, slapping engines together that only have failure in their future.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.