New air filter intervals
07-12-2019, (Subject: New air filter intervals ) 
RE: New air filter intervals
maybe a coarse washable foam insert somewhere before it gets to the air cleaner?

Personally however, I do not recommend those re-usable/washable air cleaners elements themselves. They tend to let too much past them, even when kept wet.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
(07-12-2019 )uncleal13 Wrote:  ... My current truck is a Cascadia, the air intake is built into the hood and sucks in the air right at the base of the windshield...

Yep, that's what I run...13 Cascadia...

(07-12-2019 )uncleal13 Wrote:  ...On average I change the air filters on this truck every three months...

I think I'm going to be doing near the same at 3-4month intervals. It's not worth polishing liners trying to stretch $60-$70 intake air filters. Small cost for clean air to supply that 30k air pump lol! Besides, I'm sure it would pay for itself with the small fuel mileage gain from less restriction.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , JimT , Toolguy
(07-12-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  maybe a coarse washable foam insert somewhere before it gets to the air cleaner?

Personally however, I do not recommend those re-usable/washable air cleaners elements themselves. They tend to let too much past them, even when kept wet.

- Although I've never done any 'real world' testing with one, I tend to agree. They just don't seem to be able to grab the finer particulates that a traditional air filter element would. If the 'wet' style could grab those when it is new, it seems that the effectiveness of it would be compromised with the first washing.... and only amplified with every additional wash thereafter.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.