New head, low oil psi, 50% jake
07-14-2019, (Subject: New head, low oil psi, 50% jake ) 
New head, low oil psi, 50% jake
Cm2250, 530,000mi, egr tune
Bought w250,000mi only time cover was off since I've had it was for overhead at 275ish
Just replaced head for leaking injector cups, reman head new valves used old rocker assemblies. Now, low oil at idle (15psi), jake only doin about 50%(maybe).
Wont hold truck back bobtail on high. Had another mech same shop run overhead, he used cummins tool for Jake's. Ohmed solenoids, both at 9.75. They changed oil, put in 10/30, I drained it put 15/40 . Jake makes different noise in all 3 settings, but now level 3 is more like level 1was b4 the work.

What could have happened/ been done incorrect to cause a drastic change like that..?

U
replyreply
RE: New head, low oil psi, 50% jake
did they replace the rod / main bearings when they were doing the job?

idle sounds to me a bit low oil pressure.

A bit low on oil pressure will not make the jake weaker unless the oil pressure is dropping into dangerously low levels while driving it / head is being starved of oil badly. What is the oil pressure when going down the roads?

What is the boost pressure doing during high engine braking?. For all you know, you might have an exhaust manifold gasket or turbo mounting gasket leak due to improper gasket instillation, improper torque of components, warping when re-installing everything, or something else.

Pressurize the entire engine to about 30 psi between the intake of the turbo and the outlet of the doser pipe. See if there are any intake, egr, or exhaust leaks.

Was it a certified reman?-- If so, You need to verify if it... ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid14106

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
It is probably that reman head, is it a Cummins certified head or is it from some local reman shop? Never put a reman head on these ISX motors, even a Cummins certified one, these are one time use and throw away. Too much going on with these heads to reman properly, numerous threads here on the subject.
replyreply
(07-14-2019 )JasonD5746 Wrote:  Cm2250, 530,000mi, egr tune

when you say "egr tune",. do you mean "deleted" or de-mandated? -- if so,. then who did the work to it and who did the programming? -- This could be a big contributing part of the problem.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Mr H did the work, and I did have a boost leak but already fixed that. Intake line to air compressor was loose, and egr crossover bolts were only finger tight. Used soap and water, no other leaks on boost side. I'm hitting about 38psi on oil goin down road, boost only hitting about 30psi maybe.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: AussieISX
(07-14-2019 )JasonD5746 Wrote:  .... boost only hitting about 30psi maybe....

For a 2250, I don't think you'd want it that much higher, correct?
replyreply
I don't own the 2250, but those numbers sound about right going down the road.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
Mr did the tune, (250,000mi ago) NOT the head. The company(that i pull for) shop did the head. Didnt touch bottom end. Max boost is set at 32. I'm getting that on accel, but only about 25psi on jake 3. Seems like it was hitting 30 or better on level 3 b4.
replyreply
Where did the head come from?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.