New head, low oil psi, 50% jake
07-14-2019, (Subject: New head, low oil psi, 50% jake ) 
RE: New head, low oil psi, 50% jake
Looks like it's a Cummins reman by the part num on invoice. I was really hoping there was a possible easy explanation.. like mixing up the front and rear rocker shafts or something
replyreply
Highly unlikely...
replyreply
verify your invoice matches the stamping on the head... I have seen even stealersh&its invoice people for new head, only for them to look at the stamping on head and find out head was several years old + was re-worked locally, or was their old head simply cleaned up, or simply cleaned up and from a junk yard somewhere.

If the rocker shafts are not seated properly then it will cause some hemorrhaging internally and idle pressure will be lower than normal. Could also be a spun bearing in the head if someone bumped one during the cam install.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar
im going with spun cam bearing. Your oil pressures numbers are too low all around.
replyreply
Ok, heres an update.. its cooled off outside, idle is at 650rpm, over 20psi nearly at 25psi mark. Was much lower in heat of day. Idled up to 800rpm, it's nearly 30psi, 38psi at 1200.. anyways, very possible they clunked the cam into a bearing, or didnt seat rocker shafts.. But how could they screw up the jake..?
Is there any way I can disable either actuator individually without taking cover off..?
Or disable the engine brake function of the turbo..? I'm getting a little noise on stage 1 with a few lbs of boost ,
but I cant tell if 1-3 cylinder jake is actually actuating or if it's just the turbo I'm hearing.
replyreply
07-15-2019, (Subject: New head, low oil psi, 50% jake ) 
I think it's stage 1 1-3 2 1-3 and 4-6 and 3 is 1-3 4-6 and turbo closing. The boost in other settings is just a result of air pressure rolling the turbo. I could be wrong.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(07-14-2019 )JasonD5746 Wrote:  Ok, heres an update.. its cooled off outside, idle is at 650rpm, over 20psi nearly at 25psi mark. Was much lower in heat of day. Idled up to 800rpm, it's nearly 30psi, 38psi at 1200..

if engine is at operating temp (185-F) then those pressures sound perfectly normal to me.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Id pull valve cover and run truck. Id be looking for excessive oil leaking. A few things Ive seen in the past are:
Rocker shaft not properly seated to head causing a lot of oil leaking.
Jake solenoid plate that bolts down on top of rocker not seated( this will leak bad to)
Or the solenoid it self could be just dumping oil from bottom.

Also look at cam bearings to see if any of those are leaking good. Being jakes are weak to Im leaning towards the fact that its something in the head and or rocker area that is the issue.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Signature620
07-16-2019, (Subject: New head, low oil psi, 50% jake ) 
Found the problem. Thanks a lot..... Nate.....

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.