New head, low oil psi, 50% jake
07-17-2019, (Subject: New head, low oil psi, 50% jake ) 
RE: New head, low oil psi, 50% jake
Well, honestly I felt vindicated..
they had been telling me for a week that I was paranoid about my oil pressure and that Nate was a good mechanic.. Wouldn't mess up my engine.. So yea, when a half gallon of oil hit the ground in about 10 seconds..
I'm a little concerned that the rockers may have starved for oil.. And the rear half of the cam.. I'm holding nearly 20psi at 650rpm with oil at 210°, but I'm not accustomed to seeing it below 25psi with a fresh 15w40 (and gallon of 80w140) oil change. I'm still getting coolant out of my water seperator, which I expected although they assured me they drained tanks..
They were not my first choice, but I didnt think it would make it to GA. I was a few days before my planned a year advance vacation, went to leave house and it wouldn't start.. White smoke like crazy, but no start. Pulled filters, full of coolant. Drove it the 30mi to the company shop, and water separator was full of red coolant again. So that's how this all got started.
Ain't trucking great..??
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New head, low oil psi, 50% jake - Unilevers - 07-14-2019,
RE: New head, low oil psi, 50% jake - JasonD5746 - 07-17-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.