New head, low oil psi, 50% jake
07-29-2019, (Subject: New head, low oil psi, 50% jake ) 
RE: New head, low oil psi, 50% jake
(07-18-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(07-18-2019 )Techmech Wrote:  I have seen the same thing happen too. Last engine we did was even worst it had 150mm liners in 152mm bores. Mechs that did it were so ignorant . Nobody cared to check and or even feel that the liners drop in block with no force at all (we took them out with hand)not even talking about cutting the block. Hopefully Mr.Rawze didn't scare you but educated you like us all about repeating problems people do.

speaking of 150mm liners vs 152 liners,.. Mr. hag said something very interesting in this regard yesterday to me. he said that every single 150mm liner they have pulled out of an engine, the liner o-ring was pink in color, and that every 152mm liner they have ever pulled out of an engine, the o-ring was blue in color. -- they said they can spot what size liner the engine takes just by looking at the color of the o-rings, BUT-- they never take this for granted, they measure any ways.
another thing that is scary about 150-152 liners. I haven’t verified if this is proper or not but the liner shims in this aftermarket kit I just cut counterbores for with 150mm liners where the same as 152 mm liners from a previous 152 mm engine. I would like to get verification on this. If you place the two shims on top of each other the naked eye can’t see anything different. Are they actually different shims or are they the same. How about the top of liner measurements. Would 150mm seem right in a 152mm block. The only difference that stands out when doing the work other than o rings is the block is smaller in o ring area. Like your chip plugs won’t fit right. That’s the only dead giveaway if you have neglected measuring liners and just taking someone’s word for it and looking at o ring colors.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: New head, low oil psi, 50% jake - Unilevers - 07-14-2019,
RE: New head, low oil psi, 50% jake - Magard - 07-29-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.