Prostar shore power?
07-16-2019, (Subject: Prostar shore power? ) 
Prostar shore power?
Hey guys, just wondering about the shore power plug on my 2011 prostar. What does it exactly do? Does it run power straight to the inverter or does it tend the batteries? I have the factory inverter (anyone know output of the inverter?) With the 110 plugs throughout the bunk.
replyreply
RE: Prostar shore power?
the inverter that runs your hundred 10 volt in the truck is also a battery charger so when you plug into shore power it power the inverter and charges the batteries

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(07-16-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  the inverter that runs your hundred 10 volt in the truck is also a battery charger so when you plug into shore power it power the inverter and charges the batteries

Okay slick, so I should be able to run a generator right to my shore power plug and then away I go? Do you know the output of the inverter? I wanna power an ac unit with a gen running into the shore power.
replyreply
(07-16-2019 )Jprps Wrote:  
(07-16-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  the inverter that runs your hundred 10 volt in the truck is also a battery charger so when you plug into shore power it power the inverter and charges the batteries

Okay slick, so I should be able to run a generator right to my shore power plug and then away I go? Do you know the output of the inverter? I wanna power an ac unit with a gen running into the shore power.
You need to check what kind of inverter installed on your truck. Some inverters do nothing with shore power, some inverters can charge batteries, some can charge battery and transfer 110 volts from shore power to inverter 110 volts outlet.
replyreply
To test turn key on look at volt meter then plug in shore power and see if volts go up inverters are usually 1500-2500 watts and probably wouldn't like the constant duty of an air conditioner

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
I'll have to look what the actual brand is.. it starts with a V. Vanier or something.. there is a block heater plug up by my hood then a cable plug and shore plug tward the back of my bunk. From what I can see the shore plug runs to the inverter. I could always run a cord right from the gen to the ac but I'd
Also run plug to the shore if it tends the batteries and powers the inverter.
replyreply
Vanner inverter.
replyreply
(07-16-2019 )snailexpress Wrote:  Vanner inverter.

Yeah just checked
replyreply
Okay so I just found the manual for my model online, it's a 1200 watt inverter and DOES have a battery charging function when recieving AC current via the shore plug. So I think I'm going to run a cord from the ac right to the gen, and a cord right to the shore power. So while the gen is running, i will have 110 power, batteries charging and AC. Running my truck for days on end for ac is killing my mileage lol. Thanks for the help guys.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.