2012 KW W900
07-17-2019, (Subject: 2012 KW W900 ) 
2012 KW W900
Ihave 2012 KW W900 had a recurring dash readout code of 973,low turbo boost,installed new imap sensor,old one was plugged shut,ran fine for couple days then code came back,anyway im home doing egr clean up,i pulled delta p sensor and sensor is clean no soot hardly at all but two holes that it covers up are plugged,how do you clean out soot
replyreply
RE: ISX 870
https://youtu.be/FhJxpyS5MpY

User's Signature: 2013 T800 - CM2250 - 18sp - 46k x 4.30's
replyreply
a person can't really clean the Delta-p effectively, and it read correctly after. Simply replace it.

Lower than normal boost can be a lot of different things. It can be an Air related issue ... or it can be a fuel related issue.

* Plugged up air filter.
* Leaking CAC or bad clamp on a pipe somewhere.
* CAC boot that is partially collapsing internally.
* After-market CAC unit that is too restrictive.
* Bad or mis-reading boost (or IMAP) sensor.
* Bad or mis-reading Exhaust pressure sensor or a block-up pipe that feeds it.
* Plugged up exhaust pipe or exhaust filter element..
* Exhaust manifold leaks.
* EGR circuit leaks.
* damage to the turbo, usually exhaust turbine damage or a carbonized bearing.
* improper calibration of, or a failing turbo actuator controller.
* A Slipped cam or improperly adjusted overhead valves.
* It can also be any one or more of several fuel related problems where the engine gets less fuel than normal.

-> New Air filter.

-> Replace ALL old CAC boots. Remove, inspect for cuts on the inside walls of any that are not replaced.

-> Ensure the CAC is not an after-market unit.

-> Pressurize the intake up to 30 psi and check everything for leaks. No more than 10 psi leak rate in 60 seconds is allowed.

-> Rlacing the IMAP or boost sensor with a new one.

-> Replacing the Exhaust gas pressure sensor with new one and ensuring its feed-line is not clogged up. The feed lines for this sensor is notorious for clogging up, where it goes thru the thermostat housing.

-> (check for exhaust restrictions). Remove the exhaust piping behind the turbo and take it on a short test run to see of some power increases or boost comes up.

-> Perform a thorough turbo inspection. Ensure there is no VGT vanes or exhaust impeller damage, makae sure it is not hanging up. Sometimes VG will only hang up when hot. Make sure turbo is all OEM and not something half-arssed from a rebuild shop.

After that, if all is good ... Monitor the engine with Calterm and see what the engine is actually doing. How much fuel it is giving it, how much boost it is getting, what engine mode it is in, what is in control of the fuelling, etc.etc.etc.

here are some screens that someone can make for themselves to see what is going on...
for a CM870: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid58693

for a newer engine: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid28636

Tags:
low boost, low power, lower than normal boost, isx boost, boost problems, power issues

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dusty
Thanks HES,my engine is different from 871,bottom line same parts,just different place,my first cummins and didnt have a clue what i was gettinginto when i bought this truck,well off to do some more parts pulling and cleaning,glad its cooled down a little only 109 today
replyreply
RE: 2012 KW W900
(07-17-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  a person can't really clean the Delta-p effectively, and it read correctly after. Simply replace it.

low boost can be a lot of different things, including leaking CAC, egr, intake or exhaust manifold circuits, plugged up intake or exhaust, etc.

I'm changing delta p just wanted to know how to clean soot from blocked holes on engine where delta p is bolted (plugged)
replyreply
Dusty, I'm assuming from the year, that your truck has a dpf and scr cans on it. That would make it a 2250 in '12. The egr tube goes up over the front end of the valve cover? And has the high pressure injection pump tuck next to the frame rail on drivers side?
replyreply
(07-17-2019 )dusty Wrote:  I'm changing delta p just wanted to know how to clean soot from blocked holes on engine where delta p is bolted (plugged)

a bit of carb -n- choke spray and pipe cleaners?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I have a question about my 2014 w900 cm 2350 demandated 7000 miles ago today I thought I noticed my oil pressure at idle lower than normal at 22 psi I know that even 18 psi is normal according to cummins but mine usually runs at about 28 psi and also seems to me that the engine temp is lower than normal. stopped for the night now at idel 30 psi and temp 140 degres. when at 70 miles an hour psi is normal at 39, Oil levels are proper and demandate done properly in GA. Anyone have any input cant put my finger on it but you know when something is different if you pay attention to your truck.
replyreply
07-18-2019, (Subject: 2012 KW W900 ) 
What are your idle RPM set at ?
If 600 , like from factory. That’s low !
Set it to at least 700-750 .
And please stop using MPH for reference.
Temperature ,RPM , PSI .
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ababajoni

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.