Parts pricing mayhem.
07-19-2019, (Subject: Parts pricing mayhem. ) 
RE: Parts pricing mayhem.
(07-19-2019 )Nilao Wrote:  Not the hub the fan mounts to, the hub the clut6ch assembly mounts to that has the pulley. It is only 2 bearing held in with clips. The are pressed in with an arbor press.

Ya, sorry. I guess I over looked the just replacing the bearings. I thought you were rebuilding the hub itself.

Ya just 2 bearings held in by a snap ring. I couldn't find the original part number bearings for mine. I just took the old ones to a bearing store/shop and they found me same bearings from a different manufacturer for something like $40.

Whatever you do don't hit the pulley with anything. It is hard but brittle. I chipped mine pretty easily. Press the hub off if possible. Then I used a punch and socket to get the actual bearings out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
07-19-2019, (Subject: Parts pricing mayhem. ) 
I'm going to media blast it and paint it again...the belt has been squealing when the fan comes on. Tried a new belt but it still squeals...thinking of doing the crank pulley also. thinking that a light blasting with walnut shells should rough up the groves without eroding the metal for better grip. but it could just be the bearing have enough drag at a million miles and that is the whole issue
replyreply
07-20-2019, (Subject: Parts pricing mayhem. ) 
(07-19-2019 )Nilao Wrote:  I'm going to media blast it and paint it again...the belt has been squealing when the fan comes on. Tried a new belt but it still squeals...thinking of doing the crank pulley also. thinking that a light blasting with walnut shells should rough up the groves without eroding the metal for better grip. but it could just be the bearing have enough drag at a million miles and that is the whole issue

Sometimes that belt squeal is due to polishing of the pulleys, but sometimes it is due to mis-alignment. Too much end play in a bearing on the water pump, fan hub, or idler will cause one to squeal at idle quite easily.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-20-2019, (Subject: Parts pricing mayhem. ) 
After replacing everything on the front of the engine, mine still squealed. I solved it by ordering a belt that was 2 cm shorter. The number on the end (or beginning, i forget which) of a Goodyear or Continental belt is the belt length in millimeters. I just google searched lower numbers till i found one shorter. I had plenty of slack in the belt so 2 cm didn't hurt a thing.

Been using the same belt for 2.5 years 200,000 miles. So far no squeak and none of the bearings are showing any sign of premature wear.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , Rawze , Sergiu

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.