Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird
10-17-2020, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
RE: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird
I should probably update this thread for future reference. The issue has been resolved. It cost some money tho. Seemed to be a combination of...

1. The push button panel for the automatic transmission

And/or

2. Electronic clutch actuator.

I had both replaced and now the truck shifts appropriately with legal completely pressed to floor. No intermittent shifting and losing gear....

There's some technical bulletins if it takes longer than 8 seconds to engage the great, it will produce a fault. There's a way to "screenshot" that fault as it happens with since button pressed. I can't remember the exact sequence, but it's like M,+,- at same time or something like it. It can be retrieve later as a log and sent to service ranger for analysis.
replyreply
10-18-2020, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
(10-17-2020 )Satch Wrote:  I should probably update this thread for future reference. The issue has been resolved. It cost some money tho. Seemed to be a combination of...

1. The push button panel for the automatic transmission

And/or

2. Electronic clutch actuator.

I had both replaced and now the truck shifts appropriately with legal completely pressed to floor. No intermittent shifting and losing gear....

There's some technical bulletins if it takes longer than 8 seconds to engage the great, it will produce a fault. There's a way to "screenshot" that fault as it happens with since button pressed. I can't remember the exact sequence, but it's like M,+,- at same time or something like it. It can be retrieve later as a log and sent to service ranger for analysis.

How much did it cost to replace?
replyreply
10-18-2020, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
Electronic clutch actuator was $2200 for parts only.

I think around $500 or so for the panel (if I'm remembering correctly)

Total was around $4200 including labor and diagnostic time.....I spent $3k in sept. 2019 for harness and x-y shifter.

I put in speed sensors in my self for a few hundred dollars.

Automatics are stupid expensive.
replyreply
10-19-2020, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
(10-18-2020 )Satch Wrote:  Electronic clutch actuator was $2200 for parts only.

Total was around $4200 including labor and diagnostic time.....I spent $3k in sept. 2019 for harness and x-y shifter.

Ouch....yeah I've been told. I have a 2014 Prostar auto 10 speed. I never want to shift again though
replyreply
10-31-2020, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
(10-19-2020 )david24 Wrote:  
(10-18-2020 )Satch Wrote:  Electronic clutch actuator was $2200 for parts only.

Ouch....yeah I've been told. I have a 2014 Prostar auto 10 speed. I never want to shift again though

I have had mine since 2014 and I love it. Been trucking forever but my left knee gives me a fit. So not having to work a clutch all the time is great. Like I have said before, read, read and read some more and learn how to take care of it and it works great. But I also baby my truck pulling out and always start in first gear. I haul a lot of heavy over lenth steel and do a lot of hard backing into jobs. And she gets it done every day. I also run 50W Valvoline VR1 in it, seems to work better.
replyreply
11-01-2020, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
Just a reminder that an Auto-shifter is on average a loss of 0.6 mpg fuel efficient (or can be much more depends on operations) than a half-decent driver using good shifting habits towards saving fuel. - It might be nice, and some people might need them due to limitations, but it also should be known that they cost your trucking business some long term money in fuel losses and higher maintenance costs to run them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.