Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird
12-01-2019, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
RE: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird
(11-30-2019 )Ricky Wrote:  
(11-26-2019 )Satch Wrote:  I have found that info very useful. Thank you. Well today as with many days the transmission acted up again to the point where it stayed stuck in 6th gear abs wouldn't come out. I coasted into rush truck center and asked if they could check it while it had duplicated the problem. I refuse to set tractor brakes (I set trailer brakes instead) in case it cleared it. The tech shut it off after reading codes and it wouldn't start because it was still in gear. The tech then proceeded to trick the drive shaft and wait a few minutes. It started.

Upon looking at service range, we noticed it had a calibration for shift points associated with a x15. My truck has an isx.

We changed that, and that seems to make shift point crisper (possibly placebo effect).

Right now the prognosis is the wire harness due to much corrosion. X-y shifter shifter is not recommended at this moment.

Its out of warranty by 3 months according to dealer. I'll call eaton tomorrow and see if anything can be done.

Code 51,73,13,74

I learned the hard way with corrosion and my Ultra Shift. The plug on the computer was corroded and burnt the computer up. Replaced the harness and computer, high dollar. Best thing with the Ultra shift is keeping the grounds and battery terminals clean. Unplug all the plugs and put that electrical grease on them. Just be careful not to bend the prongs when putting them together. If you have you really need to learn it so you don't get ripped off.
Do you have a picture of that grease?
replyreply
12-01-2019, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
https://amzn.to/37Z6QOA

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: david24
12-02-2019, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
(12-01-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  https://amzn.to/37Z6QOA

Dialectic Grease... Comes in a tube too, I carry in my truck, just make sure to store in a zip-loc bag, summer time it can get messy.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: david24
12-03-2019, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
(12-01-2019 )david24 Wrote:  
(11-30-2019 )Ricky Wrote:  
(11-26-2019 )Satch Wrote:  I have found that info very useful. Thank you. Well today as with many days the transmission acted up again to the point where it stayed stuck in 6th gear abs wouldn't come out. I coasted into rush truck center and asked if they could check it while it had duplicated the problem. I refuse to set tractor brakes (I set trailer brakes instead) in case it cleared it. The tech shut it off after reading codes and it wouldn't start because it was still in gear. The tech then proceeded to trick the drive shaft and wait a few minutes. It started.

Upon looking at service range, we noticed it had a calibration for shift points associated with a x15. My truck has an isx.

We changed that, and that seems to make shift point crisper (possibly placebo effect).

Right now the prognosis is the wire harness due to much corrosion. X-y shifter shifter is not recommended at this moment.

Its out of warranty by 3 months according to dealer. I'll call eaton tomorrow and see if anything can be done.

Code 51,73,13,74

I learned the hard way with corrosion and my Ultra Shift. The plug on the computer was corroded and burnt the computer up. Replaced the harness and computer, high dollar. Best thing with the Ultra shift is keeping the grounds and battery terminals clean. Unplug all the plugs and put that electrical grease on them. Just be careful not to bend the prongs when putting them together. If you have you really need to learn it so you don't get ripped off.
Do you have a picture of that grease?
I got it from Advanced if I remember correctly.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: david24 , Rawze
12-04-2019, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
Well some symptoms have been duplicated. The truck on occasion still hesitates to shift from 2nd to 3rd and 7th to 8th without throttling the accelerator. Without letting off within a few seconds or she'll scream at ya. I have taken the necessary steps in cleaning corrosion from battery cables. Applied the sweet and sour sauce (not actual) to all battery cables to prevent corrosion "hopefully". I've been told the computer for the transmission is beside the transmission. I can literally hear a high pitch frequency everytime the shifts about to occur from my passenger side kick Panel. Is that not the powertrain control module? Does that mean two computers for transmission? I haven't looked around transmission yet

replyreply
I see that NCP2 stuff says its oil based. Doesn't oil burn? I've had and seen many batteries cook so hot they catch fire. Recently had 1 on my truck that I soaked in water after knocking the cables off of it to cool it quicker because it was starting to melt. Wouldn't oil be adding fuel to the fire? Does it say anywhere "nonflammable"?
replyreply
(12-04-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I see that NCP2 stuff says its oil based. Doesn't oil burn? I've had and seen many batteries cook so hot they catch fire. Recently had 1 on my truck that I soaked in water after knocking the cables off of it to cool it quicker because it was starting to melt. Wouldn't oil be adding fuel to the fire? Does it say anywhere "nonflammable"?

I would think that if a battery got hot enough to catch a bit of oily (or tar-like) terminal protectant on fire, that would be the least of your worries at that point.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
12-12-2019, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
(12-04-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I see that NCP2 stuff says its oil based. Doesn't oil burn? I've had and seen many batteries cook so hot they catch fire. Recently had 1 on my truck that I soaked in water after knocking the cables off of it to cool it quicker because it was starting to melt. Wouldn't oil be adding fuel to the fire? Does it say anywhere "nonflammable"?

It's got the flammable placard.
It's a cancer aid and has reproductive harm...hmm maybe this should be a substitute for sweet and sour sauce for California.

The diesel is flammable the gear oil is flammable, the hair spray is flammable, and generally the contents of the trailer are flammable.

Fun fact, wd40 is flammable also.

I get what your saying, I don't have dielectric grease in my truck...yet.

replyreply
12-13-2019, (Subject: Automated Eaton 10 speed shifting weird ) 
My concern wasn't that you shouldn't carry flammable stuff. Hell I have a butane and propane torch in the truck at all times and carry two 3 gallon cans of gasoline.

My curiosity was with putting an oil based product in an area that can cause it to burn or even expedite a burning situation if the batteries short out.

Rawze kicked a hole in my stupidity. It's all good.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Satch

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.