Maintenance schedule after an inframe
07-21-2019, (Subject: Maintenance schedule after an inframe ) 
Maintenance schedule after an inframe
Just got my truck back from having an inframe done. In my excitement to get it home I realize I forgot to ask when I should have the over head done since the head is new along with the cam. It is cm 2250. I plan to call the shop in the morning to see what they suggest but I have been an avid reader on here lately and would also like to hear your opinions. Thanks in advance [/size]
replyreply
07-22-2019, (Subject: Maintenance schedule after an inframe ) 
RE: Maintenance schedule after an inframe
Adjust the valves again in 40,000 - 60,000 miles.

Stay off the high engine brake unless it is an emergency until then just for safety sake until you get that second adjustment done. -- New heads can have just enough valve lag, or just enough settling to cause severe engine damage with engine brake on high until everything is worn in a bit and valves are set that second time.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , carco
09-25-2019, (Subject: Maintenance schedule after an inframe ) 
Wow, 40-60K would be near 2 years, less time by hours, with heavy loads and not using full Jake,,, I would never make it that long.

User's Signature: Heavy Towing/Recovery makes the juices flow!
replyreply
09-26-2019, (Subject: Maintenance schedule after an inframe ) 
(09-25-2019 )carco Wrote:  Wow, 40-60K would be near 2 years, less time by hours, with heavy loads and not using full Jake,,, I would never make it that long.

Then do it in about 800 engine hours instead of the mileage.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.