How can I check if my truck was ghost deleted?
07-22-2019, (Subject: How can I check if my truck was ghost deleted? ) 
How can I check if my truck was ghost deleted?
I bought a cm871 peterbilt and the guy told me it was deleted, but I pulled the map sensor and it was completely caked with black crap. So it seems like maybe the emissions is still working? How can I actually see if it was or not?
replyreply
RE: How can I check if my truck was ghost deleted?
Do you have an Inline connector and/or Insite?
If yes, connect and observe.
If no, split the DPF/DOC V-band clamp and peek inside to see if they are intact or not. This is not an absolute guarantee as some idiots really don't know what they're doing.
An ECM/computer diagnostic connection is the best way
Remember, the vast majority of demandates are horrible, and done horrifically wrong...

Some other tell take signs:
Blocking plate at the EGR Venturi/mixing pipe on the intake
Blocking plate or such at the exhaust manifold "U-bend" into the EGR cooler bellows pipe
Truck smokes a little at the snap of the throttle when at dead idle
EGR components visilually missing; EGR cooler, VGTurbo, EGR valve, EGR mixing pipe, dozer valve, blocking plates on the back of the water pump/back lower pass side of block where the EGR cooler would receive/return coolant (if you know what an EGR cooler is, this is redundant)

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
Well after watching rawze's video on pulling map sensor and intake, it looks like that's what I'll be doing now. I thought maybe their was something on the egr that I could see to know if the guy was telling the truth or not.
replyreply
(07-22-2019 )Ricknbird350 Wrote:  Well after watching rawze's video on pulling map sensor and intake, it looks like that's what I'll be doing now. I thought maybe their was something on the egr that I could see to know if the guy was telling the truth or not.

If it all there as factory appearance, undo/remove the EGR mix pipe from between the valve and intake. Start the truck up, if hot (black sooty) air comes from the EGR valve (above the starter), it isnt, or it's a piss poor job!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
your first investment after getting a truck with with red engine is to get yourself a copy of insite and an inline 5 or 6 adapter off e-bay for a few hundred bucks.

Look at the regen history to ensure it is recent, then try to initiate a forced regen with the insite software.

Besides identifying any components that may be missing off the engine, another way to maybe tell is unplugging the EGR Delta-P sensor and see if you get any kind of fault in the dash. -- if not, then it is likely de-mandated.

If you suspect the engine has been de-mandated, then your next move is to protect your investment... Pull a copy of the program out of the ecm and have it checked (e-mail it to myself, unilevers, or mommaburt on here) to get a second opinion of the program to ensure you aren't driving an engine with horrible delete programming.

99.9% of all delete programming done to these engines is really bad and will tear the engine up internally.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
07-23-2019, (Subject: How can I check if my truck was ghost deleted? ) 
Well after watching rawze's video on pulling map sensor and intake, it looks like that's what I'll be doing now. I thought maybe their was something on the egr that I could see to know if the guy was telling the truth or not.
replyreply
Just curious, What exactly is ghost deleted?
replyreply
Probably means it's deleted but everything still look stock

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
07-24-2019, (Subject: How can I check if my truck was ghost deleted? ) 
I started the truck up with the egr pipe off and nothing came out. I ran it for about 15 minutes, also I took the charge pipe off and looked inside the intake and it was clean so I'm shocked for how plugged up my map sensor was.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.