How can I check if my truck was ghost deleted?
07-24-2019, (Subject: How can I check if my truck was ghost deleted? ) 
RE: How can I check if my truck was ghost deleted?
If the MAP sensor was like you said, you are going to need to fix the motor, in frames start at $28,000... Just saying.
replyreply
07-25-2019, (Subject: How can I check if my truck was ghost deleted? ) 
(07-24-2019 )Ricknbird350 Wrote:  I started the truck up with the egr pipe off and nothing came out. I ran it for about 15 minutes, also I took the charge pipe off and looked inside the intake and it was clean so I'm shocked for how plugged up my map sensor was.

Its highly likely some idiot never changed it since before it was de-mandated. - Likely a big cause towards why someone wanted to rid the engine of the DPF to begin with... neglect of the emissions and engine systems = number one cause of those problems.

but like I said earlier... if you suspect it has a del. program in it,.. you should be in full panic mode until you find out what is in there...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid41487

buying it used with a del. program already in it,.. if it is a bad del program that is harmful, the damage may already be done, and your engine doomed to failure no matter what you do at this point,.. seen that plenty.

-- personally, I would not have given anything more than scrap price for the truck not knowing what kind of garbage del. file might be in that engine... unless I was allowed to pull the file and have it thoroughly inspected for correctness and safety of the engine. -- even still, it would take a lot of convincing, a lot of extra inspections + pulling the oil pan w coolant system pressurized over night before I would even consider buying a truck that is at such a risk.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-25-2019, (Subject: How can I check if my truck was ghost deleted? ) 
I agree with Rawze, they probably just never changed the sensor.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.