ISX 600 Engine brake
05-31-2016, (Subject: ISX 600 Engine brake ) 
RE: ISX 600 Engine brake
I find on the highest setting there is almost always a longer delay. I figured it was built in to keep the VGT in check when shifting. So the vanes aren't slamming closed between shifts
replyreply
05-31-2016, (Subject: ISX 600 Engine brake ) 
(05-31-2016 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  I find on the highest setting there is almost always a longer delay. I figured it was built in to keep the VGT in check when shifting. So the vanes aren't slamming closed between shifts

There is the settings in ECM for engine brake
Delay
Speed minimum on/off
CC resume on/of speed
and more
delay is for the drivers who like to drive with jake on all the time
replyreply
06-01-2016, (Subject: ISX 600 Engine brake ) 
Unilevers covered most of it.

See Engine Brake Settings in attachment.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  ECM FEATURES AND PARAMETERS.pdf (Size: 64.31 KB / Downloads: 90)

User's Signature: Here to look,listen,learn and eventually help
replyreply
(05-30-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  there is a setting in the ecm for jake delay - if it is set to zero they should come on immediately.

under the cover there are 2 solenoids and a harness, they are very forgot about pieces. If the solenoids are wore (fairly certain they are) they have a delay to them. if the jake rockers themselves are wore, the jake can do funny things. if the harness is kinda bad, it can cause jake delay. all these need to be checked by someone who has experience in these. this is fairly common - the jakes should be instant without delay if the delay is set at 0. How much boost does it build under full jake? that explains alot also.

one last thing to check is the oil and sludge buildup in the rocker drillings themselves. if they are plugged up or the wrong oil is used jakes will be delayed aswell - just food for though
Ok thanks for the response
I got the truck with 250k miles. Truck was well maintained. Well it looks that way anyway. Very clean truck, and guy sent it to yhe dealer and had a few things replaced before we bought it so it was right. But the jack delay they say has always been like that since they can remember. I noticed the 2-3 setting no difference when playing around with it while driving. I cant feel any difference when i switch it. Our Cats u can clearly feel and hear it. But they aren't emission motors. Anyways can i reuse the valve cover gasket if i pull it off just to take a look to see if its a wiring issue or looks sludged up? We've been running Shell Rotella 15/40 in it. Thats what we run in everything we have. Im assuming the guy we got it from to also uses the same or something similar since he has Cat heavy equipment.?
Thanks
replyreply
(06-01-2016 )Pinetown Wrote:  Unilevers covered most of it.

See Engine Brake Settings in attachment.
Thanks, i wanna pull cover just to have a look before i bring it back to dealer to have them check wires and sensors. They said they checked the delay in the computer and said it was set to 0. Almost wondering if it might be a pedal sensor issue? To me the throttle pedal is super sensitive. Its the newer style KW suspended throttle pedal. I hate it!
replyreply
Valve cover gasket is reusable. There are a few ways to adjust pedal sensitivity...I believe Cummins insite or power spec has an off road setting for the pedal. Never played with it myself though... CALTERM also has ways. Also I think the Jake's are load based meaning you won't get the full effect unless on a good grade with some weight.. Ecm controlled. Could be wrong on this but I do believe reading this in quickserve.
replyreply
06-02-2016, (Subject: ISX 600 Engine brake ) 
On the cm871 the 3 settings are as follows, stage 1 are 1,2,3 cylinders, stage 2, 1,2,3,4,5,6 cylinders and stage 3 is 1,2,3,4,5,6 and the turbo vanes close to create back pressure. Mine is load based and the turbo regulates the back pressure to achieve the variable braking force. gross weight and a steep grade it will go to 26 psi on boost. I notice a small delay in the engine brake but I think it is there to help ensure you can grab the gear before it reengages to prevent missed shifts. My cm871 has a small sound difference between 1 and 2, with a noticeable change once stage 3 is engaged. I remember my old cat days when there were 2 cylinders activated per stage.
replyreply
07-06-2016, (Subject: ISX 600 Engine brake ) 
(05-30-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  there is a setting in the ecm for jake delay - if it is set to zero they should come on immediately.

under the cover there are 2 solenoids and a harness, they are very forgot about pieces. If the solenoids are wore (fairly certain they are) they have a delay to them. if the jake rockers themselves are wore, the jake can do funny things. if the harness is kinda bad, it can cause jake delay. all these need to be checked by someone who has experience in these. this is fairly common - the jakes should be instant without delay if the delay is set at 0. How much boost does it build under full jake? that explains alot also.

one last thing to check is the oil and sludge buildup in the rocker drillings themselves. if they are plugged up or the wrong oil is used jakes will be delayed aswell - just food for though

Ok thanks,
Ive been swamped with work last couple months, haven't had the time to check anything out, but am ready to start on simple stuff first this weekend. Today i put the cruise on, probably first time ever! I noticed the Jake comes on slightly sooner with the cruise switch in on position? Odd! Cause on the CATs we have , if switch is on the Jake is delayed till u switch it off. Well i noticed the Jake works a sec sooner with just the power switch on, not set at any speed! Just on. Weird!
Thanks for all the pointers, gonna start on it this weekend.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.