TruNorth warranty experience?
07-22-2019, (Subject: TruNorth warranty experience? ) 
TruNorth warranty experience?
Has anyone had any dealing with TruNorth warranty? The price is good.

My personal experience with extended warranty isn't that great.

1. Not covered.
2. Deductible is higher than repair.
3. Didn't ever use extended warranty.

My gut is to pass and hold on to that money for repairs. But at the same time if they were to cover say a turbo or actuator be done paid for itself.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
07-22-2019, (Subject: TruNorth warranty experience? ) 
RE: TruNorth warranty experience?
Your warranty is like trying to pay someone to assume your risk. That’s really what’s going on. There playing statistics. Chances are there gonna win. Now the second question is. What makes you think that when you take it to the shop that it will actually be fixed. Statistically you will loose at that game also. If you have a good reliable truck then I wouldn’t do it. If I had a pos. Then I would start fixing it before it’s broke on your own terms. Waiting for shi#t to break on the road and get warranty to pay for stuff is a dumbass committing suicide. If that’s your plan better start looking for a driving job because it won’t take long to be bankrupt. Being blunt but the truth is the truth.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , rrod , Old Driver
07-23-2019, (Subject: TruNorth warranty experience? ) 
dang Magard! -- i could not have said that better myself!.. lol

as a general rule...

Warranties are not worth the paper they are written on.. -- you loose waiting for that "free repair". you loose because the repair was done "as cheaply as possible" and you have zero say in the quality of how it was done.

You always loose more then you gain,.. even if your engine did blow up and the warranty covered that $25,000 in repairs,.. you loose because it was done half-arssed by someone not giving a s$it about it because they warranty company is only going to pay them the bare minimum to get you out of their door, the hell with what happens next week when it falls apart again.

-- Take that $3,000 and use it to do a thourough EGR tune-up, bake all the exhaust cans, get yourself some tools and a copy of Insite, etc.etc... and set yourself up for higher profits and self-reliant success instead of wishing on something, hoping nothing breaks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , Waterloo , hhow55 , t700
07-23-2019, (Subject: TruNorth warranty experience? ) 
Read the fine print, the requirements these guys bake into the contract should have you running for the hills. Save your money and fix your own truck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
07-25-2019, (Subject: TruNorth warranty experience? ) 
Rawze nailed it my friend!!

Not tru north but premium2000 with me....

Bought my 2008 Pete with a c15 and got premium 2000, a month or so later the engine piled up so I brought it to peterbilt. I had spent every dime i had buying the truck and rigging it up so I couldn't afford to pay any of the repairs (should have took out a loan if needed to cover extras, would have been way cheaper in the long run)

Pete quoted $50,000CAD but premium 2000 said they would only pay $26,000!!! So peterbilt used the cheapest Chinese parts, ignored the worn to shi#t deck and reused parts they shouldn't have reused.... the one thing I did do was purchase a new head but it turns out they just lied and charged me for one and put my old one back on to recoupe some profit.

The motor did not last long and has been a thorn in my side ever since! I've had more downtime because of it than I've ever imagined possible!!!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Rawze , Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.