Restore Oil Results
07-24-2019, (Subject: Restore Oil Results ) 
Restore Oil Results
The other day I did the Valvoline Restore oil change on one of our units. Unfortunately, we do not always service our trucks at the proper intervals we should , but are trying to do better going forward. I know the Restore is more of a bandage fix, but has anyone had any real success with it to prolong the need for a rebuild?
replyreply
RE: Restore Oil Results
Snake oil, but what engines are we talking about here?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(07-24-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Snake oil, but what engines are we talking about here?

It is in a 2250 that was starting to regularly eat about 1.5 gallons of oil a week.
replyreply
I can say one of my good customer car hauler guys after building 2 of his engine it put him in a financial strain so after his 3 truck started using 6 gallons between oil changes I told him lets try it and see what happens. after 2 services its down to using 1 gallon. sucks that I didnt get that job or about 3 more from this.. but now I have a customer than it help him get to a better financial place so when the time does come it will be ok for him... SO yeah I have seen it work....Dont stop it all together but slows it down enough to where a man can keep working to build up for it...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mhornac88
it works fairly well, i use it alot here when guys are on a budget to fix oil burners that are polished out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mhornac88
(07-24-2019 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  I can say one of my good customer car hauler guys after building 2 of his engine it put him in a financial strain so after his 3 truck started using 6 gallons between oil changes I told him lets try it and see what happens. after 2 services its down to using 1 gallon. sucks that I didnt get that job or about 3 more from this.. but now I have a customer than it help him get to a better financial place so when the time does come it will be ok for him... SO yeah I have seen it work....Dont stop it all together but slows it down enough to where a man can keep working to build up for it...

I'm glad to hear it does in fact improve the situation. Like my post mentioned we were only starting to use a gallon per week so we are attempting to nip the problem in the butt before it became worse. I completely understand it will not solve the problem as we do not expect it to. We are just hoping to buy some more time on this engine before we have to rebuild. I'm curious to see just how long it will improve the situation for.
replyreply
(07-24-2019 )Unilevers Wrote:  it works fairly well, i use it alot here when guys are on a budget to fix oil burners that are polished out.

I'm glad to hear, hopefully this will buy us a little time since we tried to catch it early.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.