Traffic question
07-24-2019, (Subject: Traffic question ) 
Traffic question
Question for all you legal jarheads I'm on the highway we were stopped due to a red light we start rolling when it's green a vehicle comes rolling down and on ramp super fast trying to get in front of me I move over 5 feet at very end of on ramp to slow them they actually drive off into the ditch pass me and then swing back on road at 45 degrees in front of me and stop traffic and hit my bumper who's at fault?

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
RE: Traffic question
Without video, it would be hard to say, but I'd bet the cop would cite you at fault if you moved over to force the other car to slow. I run more suburban/residential stuff, cars trying to jump in front of me on shoulders, ramps, turning lanes, etc happens to me frequently. I have a good dash cam in the chance they hit me. I think the best approach is to be steady and let them make the mistake.
replyreply
Maintain your lane. Let them do the rest. Video as mentioned is your good friend. And depending on where damage is on his vehicle in relation to damage on yours will paint a story for cop. However. As mentioned hard to tell. Bumper to bumper I’d say almost 100% your getting cited. Your bumper his driver door where he cut in would should be his fault. To many unknowns to determine though. Good luck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut
Well I know the law is the vehicle on the artery has no obligation to let someone merge off an on ramp. The only exception is at a lane closure for construction which there was none. O had just let 3 cars merge at my expense and was proceeding when I checked mirror I saw him bout 3-400 yards back barreling down the on ramp so in the last 100ft or less of merge lane I moved over to say I wasn't letting him in and we were past the turn lane when he passed me fully in the ditch no tires on pavement my speed 15-20 his 30-40.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
And learned my lesson I did have it on video and I thought this dashcam was like my old where you pop out the SD card in an event to ensure you have the video. But the 15 min loop restarted about 5 min before this happened and when I popped as out then stuck it in laptop there was nothing after the last loop. Fml

replyreply
Buy a Herd Bumper, problem solved.
replyreply
A cop/judge would most likely say something similar to ...

You are a professional driver, they are an idiot with a cracker-jack box wanna-be car licenses. That being the overwhelming situation, if you, as the professional make any kind of sudden (or even not so sudden) move that makes someone else around you to panic or otherwise make a mistake, bad judgment, or otherwise do something wrong,.. then you, as the professional are at fault (simply because you have the higher insurance policy, and they can get more money from you than the idiot in the car).

-- Lesson from this?--- next time you are fed up with traffic and getting cut-off at red-lights and on ramps,,.. take a 30 minute break somewhere and go punch the side of your trailer tires with your fists or something. The BS of blocking people in the right hand lane, in traffic, or in construction, or at the end of a ramp, where 15 people just jumped to the right and are cutting every one else off,.. is just that ... BS, where the person doing the blocking, trying to discourage the self-entitled narcissistic morons,.. is always the one that will loose if something happens. -- WHY? -- because we live in a society of brain-dead, entitled narcissists behind the wheels of cars who think their face-book page is more important that the other cars around them at 80 mph,.. its that simple.

When the days of the car-to-car , car-to-truck, and all other forms of direct communications between vehicles on the roadways ended (the end of the CB radio era in the late 80's and the beginning of this horrible cell-phone while driving era ), our public roadways, and any sort of 'public mannerism' of drivers in general shifted swiftly into this new 'screw all others' attitude of road self-entitlement that exists today. - I know, I remember it well, as I saw this transition first hand over the years ...

It will only continue to get worse as social medai makes more and more of our population dumber and dumber.

- Just wait till self-driving cars take over,.. they are going to be even worse... always trying to take up that tiny bit of space on the roads in attempts to 'optimize' roadway use to its full capacity.

-- just the beer talking anyways, nothing more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , snailexpress
I find myself slowing down for the idiots, no matter what they are driving... Lots of idiots out here, and they are not worth my time, or myself sitting on the side of the road due to their stupidity. Right on Rawze.
replyreply
it wasnt sudden i moved over when he was more then probably 200 feet behind trailer

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.