Fuel in oil please help part 2
07-30-2019, (Subject: Fuel in oil please help part 2 ) 
RE: Fuel in oil please help part 2
Could it be injector tubes. I’ll bet someone has cleaned the tips with emery paper. Your supposed to change them with new injectors. Metal to metal seal under 35000 psi. Something to think about.
replyreply
07-31-2019, (Subject: Fuel in oil please help part 2 ) 
(07-30-2019 )Magard Wrote:  Could it be injector tubes. I’ll bet someone has cleaned the tips with emery paper. Your supposed to change them with new injectors. Metal to metal seal under 35000 psi. Something to think about.

yes, you cannot re-use the old tubes when replacing the head... but then again, I don't think that would put fuel into the oil, it simply would leak back to the fuel tank and cause fuel mileage issues from the pressure loss at the injector(s). -- This is also why I asked of it would pass a rail leak test.

I also agree that someone replacing all 6 injectors at once is doing nothing but guessing at the problem. - I hope like hell they also re-programmed the ecm with the new injector codes, or there will likely be other issues down the road.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard
if they have to wait for someone to bring in a computer to do a leakdown im not going to be surprised if the injectors codes werent changed. any shop nowadays needs to have diagnostic software to diagnose issues with electronic systems. if a shop refused to get a china version or US version then they should relegate themselves to changing tires/bearings/oil because they are doing their customers a disservice by throwing parts at the truck with absolutely no direction to go in for the repair. atleast a stealershit or fummins has a better idea as they have the software to point them in a direction.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(07-30-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(07-30-2019 )Jmayberry2011 Wrote:  The head Is supposed to be brand new. It was bought from a shop not Cummins.

IT IS MOST LIKELY A CHINEESE HEAD THEN.... SEEN PLENTY OF THEM!!!! AND THEY CLAIM THEY COME FROM SOME PLACE IN PENSILVANIA OR SOME OTHER S$IT-CAN GARBAGE USA (LYING THRU THEIR TEETH) DISTRIBUTOR...

HERE IS WHERE THEY ACTUALLY COME FROM... http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid30378

IT IS CALLED JUMPING OVER $10,000 DOLLARS (IN REPAIR/RE-WORK AND LOST REVENUE COSTS) TO SAVE A FEW HUNDRED BUCKS!!!!--- NEVER EVER EVER EVER BUY A STINKING HEAD that is not cummins certified and not brand spanking f$king new for an isx --- you will ALWAYS ALWAYS REGRET IT LATER!!!!! --- I HAVE SEEN IT A HUNDRED TIMES ON THIS FORUM,.. LIKE A BROKEN RECORD REPEATING EVERY MONTH OR 2 ON HERE!!!
Wow, I had no idea. I'm learning the hard way deep into my pockets. Thanks for the info Rawze. I need to get my sh*t together and pay more attention to your forum. I'll let you guys know what happens
replyreply
(07-31-2019 )Jmayberry2011 Wrote:  Wow, I had no idea. I'm learning the hard way deep into my pockets. Thanks for the info Rawze. I need to get my sh*t together and pay more attention to your forum. I'll let you guys know what happens

The garbage I see done to these engines by repair shops makes my stomach hurt it is so bad... and the saddest part of it all is that most repair shops are too goddamn arrogant to own up to their own stupidity, always blaming everything and everyone but themselves.

Again... will it pass a rail leak test? ... Will it hold above 25,000 PSI after one minute of the engine being shut off?. - Every single truck that was in good shape that I test,.. the rail pressure only drops a few hundred psi in one minute, holds pressure just fine. It is only when there is problems does the pressure drop off like a rock.

That test should have been a standard part of the inframe, to ensure the fuel system was put back together correctly. -- If it does fail this test ... Find out where it fails a leak test, and you will find your problem.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jmayberry2011
Test is going to be done in a couple days. I'll let you know the results. Thank you
replyreply
If it is failing a leak-down test, this tool is how you would check the injectors (or the head) for where it is at ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...56#pid2556

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.