ISX oil leak
10-07-2022, (Subject: ISX oil leak ) 
RE: ISX oil leak
(08-15-2019 )TallBoy441 Wrote:  ...

I just hear all these bad stories about the cam bushings messing up the cams and costing thousands more dollars.

That is because your listening to a bunch of ignorant morons who do not know that actual causes of overhead cam failures.. and their prevention.

Educate yourself instead of listening to the gaggle of morons over on social medai.. you will be far better off towards properly understanding your equipment and how to care for it.

Overhead cam failures are caused by a couple things that can totally be prevented. .. and it has little to nothing to do with cam bushing wear.

=============
* #1 cause: NOT allowing the blo-by out of the engine. There is only a few PSI of oil pressurein the top end.. and any crank case fume accumulation when pulling hard starves the top end of oil. -== I.E.> NOT changing the crank case filter often enough.

Better yet.. bypass the crank case filter all together and be done with it.. and it will have far less chance to suffer an overhead cam failure.

=============

* #2 cause.. NOT adjusting the overhead valves every 2 years or so.. allowing them to ride the cam and eat it up. -= Every 250k miles at most shoul dbe the interval for adjusting the overhead valves.

=============

#3. Some moron using synthetic oils.. and then not changing the oil often enough. People who use more expensive oils (with the false hope that somehow they are superior like a fool), weill often not change the oil but every 25k miles or longer. -== This eats up the overhead cams due to all the wear metals hanging out in the oil. A bypass filtration system DOES NO GOOD to extend oil drain intervals either.. so they get caught up in this synthetic oil garbage idea and then wonder why their overhead cams are chewed up 4x often that they should be.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid70681
CHANGE YOUR OIL based on the fuel mileage.. NOT at a set mileage or interval. Here are the numbers...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid70681

=============

Things that actually DO help longevity ...

Shimming the oil pump helps. -== A lot of people on the forum here have shimmed their oil pump to provide an additional 5 - 8 psi of additional oil pressure instead of the factory setting. This has been shown to help a lot towards engine cam/bearing longevity. As well, there are a lot of people who raise the viscosity to their oil by putting in one gallon of gear lube into their oil at each oil change. -== BOTH of these things go a long ways to preventing cam and bushing wear in the engine over time.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Slavic S

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.