Adaptive Cruise Control Fault
06-16-2020, (Subject: Adaptive Cruise Control Fault ) 
RE: Adaptive Cruise Control Fault
(06-16-2020 )Man707 Wrote:  Can you please tell how you solved the problem.
My t680 just gave the adaptive cruise control fault I was on the road fine, just when I try to put on the cruise control the fault showed with service flashing also plus abs skid sign.
pretty sure he changed the cruise control control setting from Adaptive to Traditional.
replyreply
My t680 has adaptive cruise fault , traction sign, hill assist plus service sign flashing on the auto shift panel. Just last week I had coolant low sign turing on and off with check engine light. That was fixed by geting pigtail connection from kenworth. Any suggestions what might cause the adaptive cruise fault to come on. But no engine light is on its not showing any faults either. I will get computer hooked up and will update later.
replyreply
The only time I've seen that adaptive cruise fault come up was in the last company truck I drove. That truck had the Wingman program or whatever it's called in it, told you that you were too close to the vehicle in front of you. If the sonar sensor got junk on it, snow/ice or mud, intentional piece of tinfoil, it would throw that code, the cruise and sonar wouldn't work. If you have that, the sensor should be on the front bumper near the center.
replyreply
06-17-2020, (Subject: Adaptive Cruise Control Fault ) 
With Cruise Off, I was able to simultaneously depress the Cruise On and Set buttons on the smart wheel and have the cruise control function without smart (adaptive) cruise. This may take more than one try. Each time you must first cycle the Cruise Off and then try depressing Cruise On and Set simultaneously again. Usually by the third try it will work and continue to work until you cycle the key off. I don't know if it will work without the smart wheel.
replyreply
06-17-2020, (Subject: Adaptive Cruise Control Fault ) 
Like Lonestar said, connect Insite, go to Features/Parameters look around and disable the adaptive cruise control. Now cruise will work like normal. However, you may still get some faults popping up. The easiest way to stop that is to unhook the cable connector from the back of the dashboard display unit. Unless you have one that is integrated into the OEM OSD (On-Screen Display) like some Volvo's I've seen, in that case probably just find and pull the right fuse. I has the wabco one in my truck and it was going crazy with faults and in turn causing all kinds of j1939 issues. After unplugging the dash mounted display unit and turning off adaptive cruise in insite, I haven't had a single fault pop up and no more j1939 issues.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.