Blue ox
07-30-2019, (Subject: Blue ox ) 
Wink Blue ox
I deleted my cm871 it runs great the friggin vgt blew up so I replaced it with a 171702 when on jake I still get 20psi but I need more for mountain driving has anyone ever used one of these exhaust breaks in addition to the jake will it work or no
replyreply
RE: Blue ox
you replaced your VGT with a non VGT?? Why in the world would you do that?? With a 171702?? What the heck is that??

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
You destroyed any hope for max power and fuel mileage the moment you took some clowns advice on turbo. And if tuning isn't from here your engine is probably putting out power but with incorrect timing and it won't be long till it cracks the head, melts a piston, or ventilates the block.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
Tree, Its a borg warner fixed vein turbo. Oh boy, It's been a few since I read about someone screwing up a terrific engine with a fixed vein turbo. I just saw one for sale in Baltimore with the same garbage set up.

The 1st a$$clown that decided to sell the idea to sacrifice the largest money making and money saving piece on the engine and put a stone age piece of machinery on an ISX should have been strung up. No 3rd stage jakes and waaay less fuel efficiency should have been enough to never pull the VG turbo off.

Pratt, you need help my friend and lots of it. But its not gonna come easy. This will be a lesson that will be painful and probably gonna be a bit expensive. But in the long run better and more profitable. If I were you I'd PM Unilevers and chat with him to see if you can get you truck tuned properly to run that stupid borg warner fixed vein properly for the time being. Then I would start saving money to get the proper original VG turbo setup back on your truck. There is way more money in the long term to having on there.

Now I really hope your not gonna tell us that some one also convinced you to pull all your EGR stuff off too. Especially the EGR cooler. That comes with a whole other world of sh1t you stepped in if so.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf
Omg the vgt turbos are a good idea but a shi#t and I mean shi#t product I put on 2 of them and they dont last for anything so dont try to tell me how wonderful they are the truck runs like a top and fuel economy is better now
replyreply
If you're going to lose the VGT, at least use a wastegated Holset turbo. A non gated turbo on a highway truck will never make any sense to me.
replyreply
OH a garbage can turbo ok well hopefully you still have the VGT. You could send it to YTS down in GA. I've never dealt with them but many on this forum have. They say he can do it cheaper and better than a factory reman from Cummins.

replyreply
(07-30-2019 )Pratt Wrote:  Omg the vgt turbos are a good idea but a shi#t and I mean shi#t product I put on 2 of them and they dont last for anything so dont try to tell me how wonderful they are the truck runs like a top and fuel economy is better now

Your demandate is the shi#t product not the turbo.

replyreply
Not one of you answered my original question not even close three you didnt even know what I was talking about but still you ran your mouth I'm looking for info not attitude
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.