No run ISX
06-02-2016, (Subject: No run ISX ) 
No run ISX
Have a 2008 ISX CM871 that ran away and died. Found turbo bad and a blown head gasket. Repaired head gasket, replaced turbo and now it will not run. Runs on starting fluid(I know) but not on it's own. Fuel rail pressure is 275 and only code that is active is 4283. I replaced doser valve but still active. Disconnected exhaust from turbo and still no run. No smoke whatsoever. What have I missed?
replyreply
RE: No run ISX
Did you replace the head? Was a cam timing wedge kit used to set the timing? Who did your repairs? How many miles?
replyreply
I had the head checked. It was ok and put some cam bearings in. Yes the wedge kit was used and have even double checked it to make sure one of the gears hadn't slipped. 300,000 miles. I'm doing repairs myself. I have all the correct tools plus Insight.
replyreply
https://quickserve.cummins.com/

You can register your engine on Quickserve for free and use the troubleshooting guide and the Manuals.

It will walk you thru the engine troubleshooting process for fixing it yourself. Such as
Engine Difficult to Start or Will Not Start (Exhaust Smoke)
Engine Difficult to Start or Will Not Start (No Exhaust Smoke)
replyreply
Need to check the ring on the crankshaft for the crank sensor. if it ran away it may have loosen it up. Does the tac work when trying to start it? Also check fuel pump pressure by sticking something in the pressure port in the head beside the pump. They do take a minute to start up when all the fuel has been let out.
replyreply
06-03-2016, (Subject: No run ISX ) 
Check fuel shut off solenoid
replyreply
(06-02-2016 )bgblk1968 Wrote:  Have a 2008 ISX CM871 that ran away and died. Found turbo bad and a blown head gasket. Repaired head gasket, replaced turbo and now it will not run. Runs on starting fluid(I know) but not on it's own. Fuel rail pressure is 275 and only code that is active is 4283. I replaced doser valve but still active. Disconnected exhaust from turbo and still no run. No smoke whatsoever. What have I missed?

Put a voltmeter on the fuel shutoff solenoid. -- See if it is getting 12 volts to it. If it is not, then check to see that you can communicate with ECM,.. maybe you have a bad fuse or no power to ECM.

If you are getting power to the shutoff solenoid, maybe it is going bad?. -- You can always remove the guts to it, then disconnect the wire to it and see if it fires up after a few tries. Whatever you do though,.. do not try to jump it out with +12 volts. Could short out the ECM circuit.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Is it building oil pressure i would say make sure lift pump is running and you have pressure. I have had lift pumps sound like they are working but they are not doing anything.
replyreply
06-05-2016, (Subject: No run ISX ) 
I guess you gotter figured???
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.