EGR / DPF DE-MANDATE
08-01-2019, (Subject: EGR / DPF DE-MANDATE ) 
RE: EGR / DPF DELETE
There's no act. I own, run and control my business. I work in the heat, fridgid cold, rain, snow and whatever else is thrown my way outside in my driveway in Pennsylvania. I work weekdays, weeknights, weekends, holidays anytime something needs done or is going to turn me more profitable and allow me to live a better life with my family and friends. When I have free time i sit learning and reading, i take myself through my own version of college and trade school by using the internet and other resources to learn everything I can. Then I get off my lazy ass and go get dirty, get a few cuts, bumps and bruises by doing everything I can. More than anyone around me ever says I can do. Always have. You might say then when do you have time for other things? When do you live life? When do you enjoy life? I have a simple answer. This is life and Im enjoying it all the time. And everyone around me helps and enjoys doing it.

I refused to let others have any say any more in my business Because when I did it cost me enormous amounts of down time and money. Probably over $100,000 over the years. I did a lot on my own but the bigger projects I farmed out. I paid other people to screw my stuff up bad! I in turn ended up pulling everything they did back apart and doing it right or it failed again and was stuck paying someone else that couldn't give a damn about my needs to screw it up or half ass it again. I can tell you with out blinking that other people don't give a shi#t about you or your business more than you do. What's more important than taking care of the business that feeds, clothes, and puts a roof over the head of your family? The money in your pocket for the fun you have with your friends? Why wouldn't you take the time to learn what it takes to make it run at its best and most profitable so you don't have to work all the time? What other things are so important that you'll throw your hard earned money at someone else to do something that you can do yourself? That you can far better than anyone else on the planet. Better because you care more than anyone else about how its done.

Some of us on here are the professionals you would pay to do such work and we're willing to give the info and guidance on how to do anything you want done for free. So if the cost for the knowledge is free, than what is your excuse for not doing it? You can either be insulted and motivated to do stuff yourself or or you can be insulted and unmotivated and pay someone else to do it. Only one leads to more money in your pocket and long term knowledge in your hand to not rely on anyone else or work to anyone else's schedule. The choice is yours.

But I stand by my words. There are Reasons for you not doing something but that does not mean it is an excuse to not do something. Since old and weak is not your problem and lack of available knowledge is not your problem then what else is it?
replyreply
RE: EGR / DPF DELETE
Sounds good. I'll take that advice and try to use it because obviously it's paying off for you from what you are saying. Thanks and apologies for getting defensive but understand that there are things that some people can do and some may not be able to do it no matter how much you learn about it.

There are things that you do such as mechanical things with semi trucks that I can't no matter how much I read and research and trust me I definitely read and research. On the flip side, there are things I do that you may not be able to do. Before I bought my own truck, I was a certified high school teacher. I can sit and teach you all there is to know about whatever subject I'm teaching but that does not mean you would be able to be a successful teacher. Some things are not taught. You either have them or not. They are called gifts. Another example, I can teach you the fundamentals of basketball right now but that does not mean you would be able to get on a basketball court and actually be any good.

Like I said, I appreciate all of the info from everyone on here and I put it to use in my own way. Your way may be a better way that works like a charm for you and that's great. My way may work for me. So instead of trying to down talk me just respect it the same way I respect yours and leave it at that
replyreply
RE: EGR / DPF DE-MANDATE
Sorry to highjack this for a moment but i guess I'm feeling a bit froggy this morning.

David24, Im not talking down to you. I'm talking directly to you. Eye to eye as they say. Your wrong when you say some thing's are not taught. EVERYTHING is taught. No one comes in to this world with skills. We come in to the world useless and crying. Every skill we possess, we had to learn through trial and repetition. Some people just pick things up faster and get better faster.

I'm on your side. That BS saying of "those who can, do. Those who can't, teach" is horseshtte. Teacher's can do every bit as much as anyone else. It just may be done a bit slower. But the results can be the exact same.

I'd be willing to bet my biggest settlement check this year that if you put together a plan and a tool\parts list and just got at or even better yet, just had the confidence to do it, you'd figure it all out and have the job done. And be pretty damn proud at the end of it.

Your probably right that I couldn't be a teacher and it is probably a higher skill than I care to learn. But if I speak from my used to be "Professional Technician" stance. I can tell you anyone can learn and do all of this stuff. I taught some pretty stump dumb people with zero ambition in life how to turn a wrench 20 years ago and I know for a fact they are still doing it today and someone is still paying them to do it.
replyreply
(08-01-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Sorry to highjack this for a moment but i guess I'm feeling a bit froggy this morning.

David24, Im not talking down to you. I'm talking directly to you. Eye to eye as they say. Your wrong when you say some thing's are not taught. EVERYTHING is taught. No one comes in to this world with skills. We come in to the world useless and crying. Every skill we possess, we had to learn through trial and repetition. Some people just pick things up faster and get better faster.

I'm on your side. That BS saying of "those who can, do. Those who can't, teach" is horseshtte. Teacher's can do every bit as much as anyone else. It just may be done a bit slower. But the results can be the exact same.

I'd be willing to bet my biggest settlement check this year that if you put together a plan and a tool\parts list and just got at or even better yet, just had the confidence to do it, you'd figure it all out and have the job done. And be pretty damn proud at the end of it.

Your probably right that I couldn't be a teacher and it is probably a higher skill than I care to learn. But if I speak from my used to be "Professional Technician" stance. I can tell you anyone can learn and do all of this stuff. I taught some pretty stump dumb people with zero ambition in life how to turn a wrench 20 years ago and I know for a fact they are still doing it today and someone is still paying them to do it.
Enjoying the debate. I think I'll take your advice and try it out to see how it goes. Thanks
replyreply
I did the de mandate, everything works great, but i might have to replace my turbo. Do i have to do again special calibration for it or its just standard calibration? Thank you
replyreply
You'll need Cummins Insite to calibrate the actuator to the turbo. The procedure, step by step, is on Quickserve.
https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html

Or

https://youtu.be/ZUpKb5umv_0

Rawze goes over the calibration procedure @ about 50:24 of the video
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Steen
I won't lie. Knocking the stuffing out of thousands of dollars parts give me a gut check for sure.

I have wondered about a straight pipe with a muffler in place of the cans. I haven't seen but a few pictures of this being done. Seems most folks clean out the cans and never look back.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
<=====95% clean cans left around 2inches or so on outerwall to act as a muffler. those thousands in parts cost me more than their worth and i felt like a god smashing that PoS to smitherines.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
(08-01-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  <=====95% clean cans left around 2inches or so on outerwall to act as a muffler. those thousands in parts cost me more than their worth and i felt like a god smashing that PoS to smitherines.

I can understand your frustrations.

Any troubles with the little left around the wall of the can breaking off later down the road? I haven't seen one busted up to tell how well the remainder would stay stuck to the walls.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.