Cm 870 cry for help
08-03-2019, (Subject: Cm 870 cry for help ) 
RE: Cm 870 cry for help
Order insite and an adapter right now from ebay, your gonna want to own it, this won't be the only time you'll need it. I know it doesn't help you right this minute but be patient, otherwise bad things can happen.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
08-09-2019, (Subject: Cm 870 cry for help ) 
So what was the final outcome, did Uni and Rawze save another engine?
replyreply
08-09-2019, (Subject: Cm 870 cry for help ) 
i talked to him briefly and we are waiting on him getting a adapter and the capability to do such things.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard , Rawze
09-11-2019, (Subject: Cm 870 cry for help ) 
Well here we are... Im buying a nexiq adapter and some other stuff from a member here that lives down the road from me just have to go pick it up next time I'm in town so I can get uni to check this tuning and get the ball rolling on getting this thing right... At least that was the plan.... I made the decision to run the truck to gather the funds to do all that needs to be done and will now be paying for it... as I type this I am in St Augustine FL with a cracked compressor housing on my turbo... the crack is about 8 inches long right along where the flange Is at the v clamp... I am about to leave here and deadhead to Griffin GA to Mr haggs and go from there... I know I will be in good hands and rawze himself is just down the road ... I will keep the thread updated as to what is discovered along the way
replyreply
09-11-2019, (Subject: Cm 870 cry for help ) 
(09-11-2019 )SIDE_SHOW Wrote:  Well here we are... Im buying a nexiq adapter and some other stuff from a member here that lives down the road from me just have to go pick it up next time I'm in town so I can get uni to check this tuning and get the ball rolling on getting this thing right... At least that was the plan.... I made the decision to run the truck to gather the funds to do all that needs to be done and will now be paying for it... as I type this I am in St Augustine FL with a cracked compressor housing on my turbo... the crack is about 8 inches long right along where the flange Is at the v clamp... I am about to leave here and deadhead to Griffin GA to Mr haggs and go from there... I know I will be in good hands and rawze himself is just down the road ... I will keep the thread updated as to what is discovered along the way

man, that sucks.

I will try to stop by and say hello while you are there if i get free.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-13-2019, (Subject: Cm 870 cry for help ) 
I have SIDE_SHOW over here at the house. His truck is in pretty bad shape. Uppon some initial inspections ...

* Turbo has melted. Bad programming has completely destroyed it.

* Overhead valves way out of adjustment. This thing was obviously adjusted by someone .. BUT they set the intake at 0.020" and the exhaust valves at 0.030" and set all the injectors at 0.0nm instead of the 8-nm they are supposed to be. -- No wonder this thing sounded so bad.-- it is a wonder it ran at all.

* Drag link was about to kill someone. Totally shot!. All it would have takes ... seriously, is a deep pot-hole somewhere at highway speeds and he would have been on the 5-oclock news.. I am not kidding.

* Front axle leaf spring bushings both ends worn slap out. it is bad enough to make it pop real bad around corners and eat tires in wavy patterns on both sides. - This needs repairing very soon, if not right away.

* CAC boots worn slap out and collapsing. looks like they have never been replaced. You can see the cloth thread on them on placed, kind of bad. - This can kill fuel mileage as they will leak right through when under boost pressure.

* CAC piping between turbo and CAC rusted very badly. It looks Savable, i will help him corraseal and por-15 it .. maybe it will last and not get worse... it is pretty bad though.

* Lower radiator connecting pipe rusted out, ready to fail. Same, i will help him try to save it, but it is so rusted, it may just be a gonner .. it shows signs of coolant sweating from it in its recent past.

* Rear passenger rear tandem hub soaked in oil from a recent seal failure, needed disassembly and cleaned, brakes soaked in oil too. Half the lug-nuts very under-torqued, the other half of them way over-torqued due to someone using air-gun on them. - We disasembled and inspected the seal. it does not look like the seal is leaking any more (was replaced) but the A-holes put everything back on soaking wet with oil and dirt and trashed the brake pads and it looked really bad, like it is still leaking. took a few hours to clean up and get back together.

* Many hoses rubbed through in several places for heater and radiator. He needs to replace several of them. All this happened because of the A-holes who installed the engine and did not secure not one damn wire or hose properly in this thing.

* Tie-rod bushings so dry from lack of grease that the boots have collapsed. - I will help him grease them,.. they may or may not be any good though... will have to raise the front end and inspect them.

* Radiator upper support cross-bard, totally defunct, all rubber gone in them, rubbing metal to metal, support mount between top of engine and top of CAC, all bolts broken out, no more support left. he needs all new cross-bars, supports, and bolts, etc.

* Crank shaft damper is still original. Need replacing really bad. He needs to get this done soon ... very soon.

* All wiring harnesses very loose, no proper securement, wire just rubbing and hanging everywhere from when the used engine was installed. - All this needs to now be gone through and fixed.

* Several places where the engine wiring harness was patched with butt connectors, and copper showing, corrosion setting in for several critical engine sensors.

* Hood bushings totally shot + mounts are wallowed out badly. Spring gone on one side, hood very hard to open. Safety cables are also missing both side.

* Water pump has smaller then normal pulley that requires different belt than rest of engine, keeps eating belts up. it needs replacing with the correct one that matches the rest of the engine.

* Air-dryer looks like it has never been serviced, nor element replaced in many hundreds of thousands of miles (if ever). - needs new one.

* Ambient temp sensor not working.

* Someone make-shitfed a long bolt to connect clutch linkage and it is rattling around badly, eating the buchings out of the linkage.

* Turbo oil feed hose is kinked badly and is not good.

* Heater core itself is completely disconnected and hoses cut.

* Thermostat is suspect, truck is running hotter than normal all the time.

* Programming is bad,... very bad. it melted the turbocharger in 10,000 miles and destroyed it. YTS in griffin said he has not ever seen a turbo that has gotten that hot before. Even exhaust blades had melted down and housing severely cracked.

* I tested/checked his timing wedge setting and injector part #'s and found it is a CPL8520, 400ST CM870 engine. It had a wedge setting of 6,6 and not the standard 4,6.. requires different programming than other engines.

* Rod/Main bearings due to be replaced in it.

* Power steering unit leaking badly, filter has not been changed (I think ever).

* S-Cams all the grease in them was like black clay and they have not been greased properly, of flushed in many years.

-- We still need to check the king pin bushings and bearings for the front end to see if they are in spec. No one has ever done this.

* Windshield passenger side is cracked more than half way across, and in 3 placs.

* Batteries are shot, Plus one of them is missing (there are now only 3 of them), will barely start the truck after it is shut off.

* Engine cover cracked and cover gasket bad in several places.

-- this is what i have found so fer... this thing is a death trap waiting to kill someone ... I don;t think he realized this, and he is glad that I am opening his eyes to all this,.. he had no idea really, ... I can say this though... this guy WANTS to fix all this stuff. I am thinking he just simply has never had anyone really go over this stuff, and what moron mechanics he has had working on this, who installed the engine needs be out out of business in my book!>

IS THE TRUCK WORTH FIXING ???? THAT IS THE BIG QUESTION!!!..----

Actually, the engine has good cams in it .. The overhead looked ok. The engine is not slap worn out yet that I can tell... but it has been tortured because of the bad programming. - Overall, I think it can be fixed and be made reliable and profitable again. - He has a long journey in front of him, and is trying to get some help financially from the leasing company and the place he works for.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Andre_The_Giant
Hard to make money with something like that. If he has the stomach for it he may be able to limp it along while figuring out a plan to get something better.Im assuming he doesn't have an easy way out of this thing.That's tough territory to be in. Been there myself. Wish you luck sideshow.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Criminal, just criminal. Good luck Side-Show, may need to start up a go fund me page...
replyreply
I'd contemplate going back to a company driver position while I repair the truck(s). Find one with a huge sign on bonus and short contract.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.