Cm 870 cry for help
08-01-2019, (Subject: Cm 870 cry for help ) 
RE: Cm 870 cry for help
(08-01-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Rawze I have a 2007 T800 with an 870, it's all original nothing added or taken off. Maybe the 2007 model year trucks that were built in 2006 didn't have to comply with the dpf??? Just guessing.

Carry over order.
Chassis that have engines/components assigned to them from previous emissions specs that the factory cannot complete prior to model year changeover date are allowed to be completed with the new model year assigned to it, but legally still using the prior model year emissions. In other words, yours was a very early production '07 that components were ordered and received while the last of the '06 model year trucks were being assembled, but probably assembled in the first couple weeks of '07 model year production.

This is a tip/trick if you're ever spec ordering a truck. Get your spec sheet completed and submitted for very end of model year production. Make a couple odd option choices on the spec so that it gets pushed back in the quew slightly, and you will most likely end up with a new model year produced truck at prior model year pricing...capturing asset value. This is particularly helpful to those who rotate equipment regularly as it increases trade in/resale value by one model year without the actual cash investment.

I did this on 2 of the trucks I ordered. I went through the unpublished options book and added some minor obscure options that I knew the factory wouldn't have in standard production inventory. This means they had to source the optional accessories, which pushed my production date by a couple of weeks. I got my 97 Pete for 96 pricing which was around $4000 less. It was the 12th 97 model truck built.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Hammerhead - 08-01-2019
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Unilevers - 08-01-2019,
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Unilevers - 08-03-2019,
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - Unilevers - 08-09-2019,
RE: Cm 870 cry for help - ynot - 09-15-2019,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.