Driving on 10lbs of boost????
08-01-2019, (Subject: Driving on 10lbs of boost???? ) 
Driving on 10lbs of boost????
I Have no clue how you guys do this. I have a mandated CM2250. I'm out here driving in Utah empty (46000lbs) And every time I try to stay at 10 pounds of boost or less I'm going less than 10 miles per hour up these hills. Is there something I'm missing?

User's Signature: Carhauling is a fickle mistress
replyreply
RE: Driving on 10lbs of boost????
Nope, that's kind of how its done. Don't be in a hurry. Try keeping it under 20 ALL THE TIME. Then work your way to 15 all the time. Then try for 10. It may take a year or more but its the habit that is good. Then the push and drive to always do better that gets you there. All along the way, doing better than when you did nothing.
replyreply
you will be hard pressed to keep a intact stock common rail ISX at 10lbs pulling a hill. The turbo can be in many different modes for many different reasons and you have zero control over that.

If it decides to swing into the higher percentages, you could make 10+ psi sitting at idle....
replyreply
08-02-2019, (Subject: Driving on 10lbs of boost???? ) 
Are the key words "intact" and "stock"? Do the wizards have ways to make this more controllable?
replyreply
Custom tuned the turbo map.
replyreply
I have a 2350 and by no means do I pull hills like many of you guys, but you're correct Beaver...it's difficult to say the least. It's probably taken me the last 30k to 'per-fect' the run I currently make. I typically run 63ish in the flats, but will use the momentum from the load to push me faster downward in order to make it up with less power. Usually cresting a longer pull around 52-55 (from the downward speed of nearly 75). Ill keep the boost 10-12psi the majority of the time until it levels out.

- Traffic doesn't seem to like my method, but they don't pay the bills either, lol!

Where its the hardest is if there if traffic and I'm already going very slow therefore having no momentum. When Im full gross, 10-12psi is holding me at about 28-30mph and thats where it stays until I crest the hill.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(08-01-2019 )Beaver Wrote:  I Have no clue how you guys do this. I have a mandated CM2250. I'm out here driving in Utah empty (46000lbs) And every time I try to stay at 10 pounds of boost or less I'm going less than 10 miles per hour up these hills. Is there something I'm missing?

don't feel bad... My qualcomm also says that in 1.3 million miles, i have only ever been in top gear (10th, I have a 10-speed) for 14% of the entire life of the truck... Most can't figure out how I drive all day with it in neutral so damn much,.. even when I have visitors and they ride with me somewhere they say what I do goes against the laws of physics.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
(08-02-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-01-2019 )Beaver Wrote:  I Have no clue how you guys do this. I have a mandated CM2250. I'm out here driving in Utah empty (46000lbs) And every time I try to stay at 10 pounds of boost or less I'm going less than 10 miles per hour up these hills. Is there something I'm missing?

they say what I do goes against the laws of physics.

But Rawze, in all the posts I've read on this forum I can't remember you ever saying you studied law.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
What do you guys think about {name removed}? Thinking about having them do th tune on my truck.

User's Signature: Carhauling is a fickle mistress
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.