Driving on 10lbs of boost????
08-02-2019, (Subject: Driving on 10lbs of boost???? ) 
RE: Driving on 10lbs of boost????
(08-02-2019 )Beaver Wrote:  What do you guys think about {name removed}? Thinking about having them do th tune on my truck.

your account says you have been here since 2017. If your really that hell bent on destroying your engine, then go for it.

The only person that company had that had a chance of doing even half-decent programming for them left because he got scolded for trying to learn things the right way.. his boss told him he had sailboat payments to make, and to just slap the standard garbage program they use in it and stop wasting time to try to get it to work properly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Brock
08-05-2019, (Subject: Driving on 10lbs of boost???? ) 
(08-02-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-02-2019 )Beaver Wrote:  What do you guys think about {name removed}? Thinking about having them do th tune on my truck.

your account says you have been here since 2017. If your really that hell bent on destroying your engine, then go for it.

The only person that company had that had a chance of doing even half-decent programming for them left because he got scolded for trying to learn things the right way.. his boss told him he had sailboat payments to make, and to just slap the standard garbage program they use in it and stop wasting time to try to get it to work properly.
Dang didn't know that. Thanks for the info. I'm not trying to make 1000hp or anything like that, just looking to fine tune it so it'll run at optimal levels. guess I'll just stick to changing the exhaust and intake manifolds for better breathing and go from there.

User's Signature: Carhauling is a fickle mistress
replyreply
08-05-2019, (Subject: Driving on 10lbs of boost???? ) 
(08-05-2019 )Beaver Wrote:  ...
guess I'll just stick to changing the exhaust and intake manifolds for better breathing and go from there.

Sounds like you have been brainwashed by some gawd-aweful social medai or the XM radio or something?.

first and foremost... There is no gains on those after-market manifolds except to mainly just to stupify most truck owners into thinking you have done something good for your engine other than to lighten your wallet.

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid18762
and...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid18772

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-10-2019, (Subject: Driving on 10lbs of boost???? ) 
Good reading right there. thanks Rswze. On a side note from my original post, I was climbing a big holl out here in Utah today and kept the boost at 10 lbs. I was about 75,000lbs and it slowed all the way down to 1st low gear and was driving less than 4mph. Don't know how you guys do it but that's too much of a safety issue for me out here. Boosted up to 20 and held it at about 20mph. Even that was sketchy.

User's Signature: Carhauling is a fickle mistress
replyreply
(08-10-2019 )Beaver Wrote:  Good reading right there. thanks Rswze. On a side note from my original post, I was climbing a big holl out here in Utah today and kept the boost at 10 lbs. I was about 75,000lbs and it slowed all the way down to 1st low gear and was driving less than 4mph. Don't know how you guys do it but that's too much of a safety issue for me out here. Boosted up to 20 and held it at about 20mph. Even that was sketchy.

consistently high rpm's during the pull?.

It might also be that my engine is only set to make 450HP/1720 and the boost only gets to about 36 psi or so max for an 871. My boost is also set quite lazy because I am a hyper-miler, and could care less about how fast my engine takes off from a traffic light. -- So it is not so sensitive to making lots of boost at lower torque levels?.

Rear end ratios have a play in it as well. I have 3.55's ... not the best for hard pulling like that but certainly better than those taller 3.42's and such.

Personally, I do not let it get below the lowest high-range gear (nor below 1500 rpm in those gears), whatever that takes. I usually end up at 15 - 20psi most of the time, though I have done it with 10 psi a few times. Depends on how heavy your really are I think.

The only hills that really seem to torture my truck are a couple of hills that are actually not that steep .. but really long instead. The one out west in Cali that is 14+ miles long (somewhere in I-10 I think) and only about 3% is one of them, and the other that comes to mind is in virginia (I-81 I think). It is 12+ miles at 3%... I call them turbo-killers because no matter what you do, you can't keep the heat from building up in the turbo on extra long pulls that are just steep enough to built heat like mad. Not even the big mountains out west do this as bad.

-- most trucks are going 50+ up those hills and I am down to a crawl trying to keep heat out of my turbo by the time I get 3/4 up them, everyone passing me, calling me an idiot as they go by because they do not know why I slowed down.

I am not on the roads to please the flow of traffic .. I am out there to make my paycheck, plain and simple. Every car and truck on the roads hates me because they cannot be behind me with their cruise control on ... and until they are willing to pay for the fuel for my truck, I don't care.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , david24 , PuroCumminsPower
(08-10-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  ...
I am not on the roads to please the flow of traffic .. I am out there to make my paycheck, plain and simple. Every car and truck on the roads hates me because they cannot be behind me with their cruise control on ... and until they are willing to pay for the fuel for my truck, I don't care.
Sometimes I look in my mirror and it looks like a funeral procession behind me. They talk crazy on their radios about me but I'm just following Rawze's advice so it doesn't matter. Lol
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , PuroCumminsPower
Same here, been out of state in the past few weeks... Getting cursed at is now the new norm for me, LOL! And I unplugged the ELD, I found it affected my driving. The ELD is still there, and my blood pressure is under control, along with my fuel mileage. Very happy, and stress free. ;-)
replyreply
(08-10-2019 )Beaver Wrote:  Good reading right there. thanks Rswze. On a side note from my original post, I was climbing a big holl out here in Utah today and kept the boost at 10 lbs. I was about 75,000lbs and it slowed all the way down to 1st low gear and was driving less than 4mph. Don't know how you guys do it but that's too much of a safety issue for me out here. Boosted up to 20 and held it at about 20mph. Even that was sketchy.
Maybe get a pyrometer and drive by that. Boost is highly subjective to tuning in the truck. Also pyro is subjective to tuning. More airflow equals lower temps in exhaust. Your gonna have to use that pyro to find a baseline temp at pulling the hills your normal way then start backing off and find a temp that works for you that’s reasonable. Then drive by that temp. Even on slight hills. Might not get up to the hipper miler club but it will help your bottom line significantly.
replyreply
here is 8+ mpg prostar settings that worked for me on 09 prostar. this settings is + dangerous for anything newer than 871 tho.

turbo table only work for prostar cascadia or volvo.
./uploads/201908/post_1744_1565480510_1d0774126714823847e551725d179c2a.png

Master SOI is set at 0.0 deg. no offset necessary.
./uploads/201908/post_1744_1565480534_bb59b257df0a586ba8edb302af1a8e86.png

./uploads/201908/post_1744_1565480546_986b8cb95cfabd78673fb47f389f8ec0.png

hyd. delay is set at 1.800 aswell
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.