Gear train
08-09-2019, (Subject: Gear train ) 
RE: Gear train
Air compressor this weekend. Started about the time my compressor started nocking. At least I won’t hear that anymore. Lol
replyreply
Don't be surprised when the air compressor knock comes right back. I changed mine and 20,000 miles later it was back and just as proud.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard
(08-09-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Don't be surprised when the air compressor knock comes right back. I changed mine and 20,000 miles later it was back and just as proud.
Probably will but if it makes this other little noise go away than I’ll know what it is
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
08-13-2019, (Subject: Gear train ) 
So I put a rebuilt compressor on. My old one was tired compression wise but tight. So gear backlash on new compressor was more than old compressor. Rattling noise seems to be loader and more consistent. Seems to have changed with new compressor. Compressor nick went away for now. Could this noise be backlash in compressor gear. Also I couldn’t get any perceivable movement in scissor gear.
replyreply
(08-09-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Don't be surprised when the air compressor knock comes right back. I changed mine and 20,000 miles later it was back and just as proud.

Why would it come right back?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(08-13-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  

Why would it come right back?

It’s a normal noise they always have that compressor nocking sound. Not really anything to worry about unless it’s slow building air or making really bad sounding noises.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
when installing a compressor, make sure it is timed with the engine...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-13-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  when installing a compressor, make sure it is timed with the engine...

Quick serv didn’t say anything about that. It specially said timing compressor isn’t necessary. What gives.
replyreply
I had to set mine, no issues here... But that was the CM-871, a matter of aligning the arrows on compressor and having the timing marks on the damper set properly.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.