Gear train
08-13-2019, (Subject: Gear train ) 
RE: Gear train
I wish I would have asked here before I did all this work. Freaking quick serv.

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201908/post_1969_1565726021_266f679b7cf465a7e08598c80b2155c7.png
replyreply
It may be different on the 2250 and 2350, but I don't see why it would be.
replyreply
(08-13-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  I had to set mine, no issues here... But that was the CM-871, a matter of aligning the arrows on compressor and having the timing marks on the damper set properly.
It’s probably something they put in the book to cut corners on. I’ll bet you can get away without doing it but. It ain’t actually right. I mean look at the liner height deal. Not surprising.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Yep, not surprising.
replyreply
That's very frustrating

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
if you dont time them they work just fine, just are noisy as hell. its another one of the things the book has omitted over time.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , Rawze , Waterloo
(08-13-2019 )Magard Wrote:  I wish I would have asked here before I did all this work. Freaking quick serv.

Quote:ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_balance
Inline 6 normally has crank throws at 120° phase shift to each other with two pistons at about equal distance to the center of the engine (#1 and #6 cylinders, #2 and #5, #3 and #4) always moving together, which results in superb plane balance on reciprocating mass (4.) and rotating mass (6.) in addition to the perfect phase balances 3., 5., 13. and 15.. Combined with the overlapping torque generation at every 120° of crankshaft rotation, it often results in a very smooth engine at idle. However, the piston pairs that move together tend to make secondary imbalance strong at high rpm, and the long length configuration can be a cause for crankshaft and camshaft torsional vibration, often requiring a torsional damper.

time it any ways,.. I do not agree with that update to quickserv. -- it is difficult enough to balance any 6 cylinder engine to begin with,diesel or otherwise .. the compressor, if it helps even a little, will make a difference. i have known about 6 cyl balancing issues since the 70's and my first cars lol.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Magard

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.