Cm2350 no power
08-05-2019, (Subject: Cm2350 no power ) 
Cm2350 no power
recently had inframe (liners, bearings oil pump pistons Cummins loaded head) everything but the Injectors . Now I'm having issues low power. I've rebuilt fuel pump head, replaced fuel rail pressure relief valve. Ran the leak down test on insite and Im loosing all fuel pressure in less than a minute. Did the cylinder cut out while monitoring fuel rail pressures on each.
All cylinders ran with a slight drop in rpms. Fuel rail pressure commanded and measured were pretty even.
What else should I check before replacing injectors?
replyreply
RE: Cm2350 no power
Is it a derate or just sluggish? Low boost? I would keep it simple at first and check seal on fuel/water separator ( maybe even multiple times if no change) then check charge air system.

I would suspect rail press Gauge if derate or injector maybe?
Just ideas there.

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Tattoo76
Charge air cooling. Maybe map sensor. I’m assuming injectors where running when you rebuilt it. High pressure common rail injectors will run fine and fail leak down test. Mine been that way for two years. I ain’t saying that’s right but I wouldn’t spend 6k until I figured out some other things.
replyreply
(08-05-2019 )Tattoo76 Wrote:  ...
Im loosing all fuel pressure in less than a minute.

did the shop that inframed it not test the fuel system before it left their shop?

Did they make the mistake of re-using the feed tubes that go into the head for the injectors?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-06-2019, (Subject: Cm2350 no power ) 
No it's not a derate it was modified shortly after purchase had it in last week checked charge air and replaced air boots, it is getting low boost 20-30psi, ran about between 35 and 40 prior to over haul
replyreply
(08-05-2019 )trucklogger2 Wrote:  Is it a derate or just sluggish? Low boost? I would keep it simple at first and check seal on fuel/water separator ( maybe even multiple times if no change) then check charge air system.

I would suspect rail press Gauge if derate or injector maybe?
Just ideas there.

Not derate I'm positive of that, it pulls fine until I start pulling some hills then fall on its face. I have to drop some times down to 10th in PA and WV pulling tanker, 18sp 550 hp 3.42 rears
replyreply
(08-05-2019 )Magard Wrote:  Charge air cooling. Maybe map sensor. I’m assuming injectors where running when you rebuilt it. High pressure common rail injectors will run fine and fail leak down test. Mine been that way for two years. I ain’t saying that’s right but I wouldn’t spend 6k until I figured out some other things.

My better half was running this truck prior to overhaul while I was trying to get her truck back on the road she was pulling a pneumatic in Louisiana and wouldn't have noticed any loss of power so can't say for certain. It did have a injector cup leaking then before her trip was up it started building pressure in cooling system
replyreply
You say it was modified. Like after the work. If we’re talking demandate there’s a shi#t ton of things could be going on. I’m on a truck right now that had 17 degrees timing advance Thats like 12 degrees to much. Those levels will kill power and blow head gaskets or crack pistons. We need the whole story here.
replyreply
(08-06-2019 )Magard Wrote:  You say it was modified. Like after the work. If we’re talking demandate there’s a shi#t ton of things could be going on. I’m on a truck right now that had 17 degrees timing advance Thats like 12 degrees to much. Those levels will kill power and blow head gaskets or crack pistons. We need the whole story here.
It was deleted last August no tuning to up the power or anything just a delete.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.