Expansion valve nightmare
08-07-2019, (Subject: Expansion valve nightmare ) 
Star Expansion valve nightmare
I had a lot of fun yesterday...I needed to change my AC compressor and with that I would also change my expansion valve and receiver dryer well the bolts for the expansion valve were stripped...and I couldn't find my angle drill. So out comes my .045 cutoff wheel that made short work of it.the next challenge was to get the seized bolts out of the tube clamp.. one came out with a little heat the other came out with 1/2 of the threads on the bolt. So not having the part and no time I got some 5mm Alan head bolts and put a nut on the half stripped one on the bottom... I will order the part and next time I'm in there I will change the clamp. I also changed the thermosters...all done nice and cold again..

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
08-07-2019, (Subject: Expansion valve nightmare ) 
RE: Expansion valve nightmare
Just an FYI: International sells the entire outer assembly, plastic box, air dryer, expansion valve, thermistors, pipes and hoses, actuator, blend door .. etc. as a single assembled bolt-on to the fire-wall unit.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: earnies2
08-08-2019, (Subject: Expansion valve nightmare ) 
Do you know what's the cost?
replyreply
It's international I'm gonna bet it'll be your first born child your right pinky your left nut and 1000 bucks might cover it

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87 , Waterloo
Get the part number and call around. Also try http://www.truckersac.com They sell OEM parts wholesale.
replyreply
(08-08-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  It's international I'm gonna bet it'll be your first born child your right pinky your left nut and 1000 bucks might cover it

At least!...lol
replyreply
08-20-2019, (Subject: Expansion valve nightmare ) 
Everytime we change an Expansion Valve we be sure to have the Bracket and Screws on hand. They break to easy

Here are part numbers
Screws - 1696859C1
Bracket - 2502132c1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.