Rejen snapshot
08-07-2019, (Subject: Rejen snapshot ) 
Rejen snapshot
How do these #s look

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
08-08-2019, (Subject: Rejen snapshot ) 
RE: Rejen snapshot
those temps are all too low for a regen cycle. It must not have been doing one at that time.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
No...I was doing cutout test....

I couldn't get the truck to stall running on 1 cylinder....still think I have a bad injector....engine has slight misfire at idle...enough to rock the cab very slightly....bubble test this weekend along with overhead and egr tuneup....gotta have a bad injector...even with using "Georgia overdrive" pulling 25k downhill cant get more than 5.9mpg ...
replyreply
(08-08-2019 )Daytripper Wrote:  No...I was doing cutout test....

I couldn't get the truck to stall running on 1 cylinder....still think I have a bad injector....engine has slight misfire at idle...enough to rock the cab very slightly....bubble test this weekend along with overhead and egr tuneup....gotta have a bad injector...even with using "Georgia overdrive" pulling 25k downhill cant get more than 5.9mpg ...

Waterloo's truck was like this for couple years .. nothng revealed why his fuel mileage sucked, every test and check passed that anyone could think of .. ECM went dead one day (likely for a different reason), and when he replaced it, his fuel mileage jumped from 5 to 9.

Not saying that is your problem, but makes me wonder how many people drive around with this type of issue.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Zapah , hhow55 , Brock
08-13-2019, (Subject: Rejen snapshot ) 
(08-08-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-08-2019 )Daytripper Wrote:  No...I was doing cutout test....

Waterloo's truck was like this for couple years .. nothng revealed why his fuel mileage sucked, every test and check passed that anyone could think of .. ECM went dead one day (likely for a different reason), and when he replaced it, his fuel mileage jumped from 5 to 9.

Not saying that is your problem, but makes me wonder how many people drive around with this type of issue.

You might be onto something here rawze....how can I get multiple codes one day, run the truck on insite to check codes....and the very next day no codes at all...no check engine light...lol.
replyreply
08-13-2019, (Subject: Rejen snapshot ) 
Definitely think I have a bad injector....ticking noise at start-up...light rocking of cab coincides with misfiring....getting a long T-30 socket to perform leakdown test...lol. gotta love the easy access to the metering and timing acuators... Not!
replyreply
08-18-2019, (Subject: Rejen snapshot ) 
Well finally did bubble test today...found 2 bad injectors...replaced both today...overhead in the am and will see how much my mpg improves... really hoping for at least 8.5~9.0. Pull dry van 35~40 k in the box...super light 7~8 k on the backhaul...

One question...oil seems to be leaking out of the Jake brake harness where it passes thru the head...is there a oring seal there? Figure I might as well fix it while valve cover is off.
replyreply
#1 and #5 were bad....no wonder cab rocked when misfire happened...lol. And I fixed it in my driveway...fu stealership!
replyreply
(08-18-2019 )Daytripper Wrote:  ..oil seems to be leaking out of the Jake brake harness where it passes thru the head...is there a oring seal there? Figure I might as well fix it while valve cover is off.

when is the last time you replaced your crank casde filter? -- most guys drill it out or use the maint. free one to prevent crank case pressure buildup and things like your describing there...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.