Mirror defrofrost question on ProStar
08-10-2019, (Subject: Mirror defrofrost question on ProStar ) 
Mirror defrofrost question on ProStar
Real foggy out the other night, mirrors were steamed up, turned on the mirror defrost/heat... Driver side mirror worked fine, noticed the switch on dash was blinking, and the mirror on the passenger side was having issues. Is this a mirror issue, wiring, switch? Anyone experience this and how was it fixed.
replyreply
RE: Mirror defrofrost question on ProStar
Don't know about the flashing light, but my driver mirror stopped defrosting. Removing is a trick but doesn't require complete disassembly.
I removed the mirror and put an ohm meter on the heater filament and the ohms readout was too high to draw any current. The draw value is labeled on the mirror. Price for a new mirror at the dealer was what it was. I didn't argue. Just made the connections, snapped the new mirror in and down the road.

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
flashing in internationals means one or more items on the circuit is not functioning properly.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
If you can find where is heating element burned you can fix it with conductive glue
https://amzn.to/2Ku2zZN
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
08-11-2019, (Subject: Mirror defrofrost question on ProStar ) 
(08-10-2019 )snailexpress Wrote:  If you can find where is heating element burned you can fix it with conductive glue
https://amzn.to/2Ku2zZN

Wow I've never seen something like that before.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.