Engine blow by
08-11-2019, (Subject: Engine blow by ) 
RE: Engine blow by
(08-11-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  
(08-11-2019 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Reman turbo on my 871 had to replace in 100 miles due to vg internals falling apart and seizing. Had a reman turbo on a reman 2350 crate motor same problem didnt even get home from the dealer. Cummins reman parts are garbage. Be better off asking a chimp to repair ur truck.

Trunk monkeys ha ha ha. Remember that video ?
Lol. Seen a trunk monkey video the other day. Good stuff.
replyreply
08-12-2019, (Subject: Engine blow by ) 
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...04#pid1404

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87 , Chamberpains
08-13-2019, (Subject: Engine blow by ) 
Thanks guys for the valuable info. Unfortunately the engine looks like it needs to be overhauled... Didn't even get to run a few weeks with it, and it only has 530k miles on it. I have a few other questions.

How long does the engine usually last after it has been overhauled?

Also do any of you guys know any good places to get your engine overhauled near Detroit Michigan?
replyreply
If done properly u should get 750k+ with proper maintenamce and keeping that hpfp rebuilt regularly.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(08-13-2019 )Khalid4747 Wrote:  Thanks guys for the valuable info. Unfortunately the engine looks like it needs to be overhauled... Didn't even get to run a few weeks with it, and it only has 530k miles on it. I have a few other questions.

How long does the engine usually last after it has been overhauled?

Also do any of you guys know any good places to get your engine overhauled near Detroit Michigan?

I'm in Detroit, there are no shops up here that I know of that can do this job properly. I had mine done up here the first time, it lasted about 70,000 miles before a liner cut loose. I drove the truck to Atlanta, with a rag tied to the coolant bottle. Rawze and myself in framed it in his driveway, where we discovered the shop had installed 450hp CM-2350 parts in my CM-871 600hp motor.

If I were you, I would call Mr Hagg and bobtail it down there to Atlanta, just zip tie a rag over the coolant jug opening and throw some extra coolant in the truck. I only needed an extra gallon to get down there. It will be worth the trip, as Mr Haggs labor is cheaper than what you will pay up here and the job will be done correctly. You will have a million mile motor when he is through with it. Here is his number... (678) 688-8107

And yes, I have been to Mr Hagg's shop, he is the Cummins Guru.

If you want to talk, I can PM you my phone number, let me know, I am in the Plymouth area.
replyreply
Dunno where you're at but id certainly go to one of the guys on this page to inframe that motor. May have to do it again b4 you ever get the bearing broke in otherwise.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.