Grease Tube Keeper - A Hack
08-14-2019, (Subject: Grease Tube Keeper - A Hack ) 
RE: Grease Tube Keeper - A Hack
I’m currently using Lucas green’ Lucas Oil 14.5 Ounce 10301 Heavy Duty Grease, 14.5 oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000IG20RW/ref...vDbCTQDG59
Can I switch over to Red line , Without damaging components Truck and Trailer?
replyreply
(08-14-2019 )Pd6cas2 Wrote:  I’m currently using Lucas green’ Lucas Oil 14.5 Ounce 10301 Heavy Duty Grease, 14.5 oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000IG20RW/ref...vDbCTQDG59

Yeah you can switch, the most important thing is keeping stuff lubed. The better greases just last longer because they don't wash out as quick or melt out from heat.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2
(08-14-2019 )Pd6cas2 Wrote:  I’m currently using Lucas green’ Lucas Oil 14.5 Ounce 10301 Heavy Duty Grease, 14.5 oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000IG20RW/ref...vDbCTQDG59

The general rule of thumb in grease is that you should never mix red(regular) and green( usually a hi-temp) greases .. It will harden into a clay.

if you do switch it out, flush the components thoroughly just to be on the safe side.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2 , Toolguy
09-25-2020, (Subject: Grease Tube Keeper - A Hack ) 
Can the red line be use in every grease fitting on the truck?
replyreply
09-25-2020, (Subject: Grease Tube Keeper - A Hack ) 
(09-25-2020 )74bassman Wrote:  Can the red line be use in every grease fitting on the truck?

Don;t see why not.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
09-26-2020, (Subject: Grease Tube Keeper - A Hack ) 
Has anyone tried motorcycle chain lube in the aerosol can? I use some shaffers fifth wheel lube in a spray can, but it is expensive.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
(09-26-2020 )Mattman Wrote:  Has anyone tried motorcycle chain lube in the aerosol can? I use some shaffers fifth wheel lube in a spray can, but it is expensive.

for my 5th wheel, i tend to use some gear lube instead of grease most of the time. chain lube would work too.

I do however lightly grease it once in a while though.

replyreply
Speaking of 5th Wheel grease, what's everyone else using? I have a little squeezable bottle, don't remember the brand, but it's nearly empty and I'm not thrilled with it's performance. Fairly new to doing this stuff myself so I'm not familiar with what brands are out there and whats good/bad. I use Red Line CV2 for all my grease fittings, wasn't sure it that would work for the 5th wheel or maybe better to go with something cheaper?

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.