rebuild vs swap decisions
08-14-2019, (Subject: rebuild vs swap decisions ) 
RE: rebuild vs swap decisions
I understand what you are saying here Rawze and I appreciate you taking the time to read and reply on it .
I agree with you on taking care of your equipment and the standards that is best upheld in order for the truck to be tip top shape to maximize profits and not to mention the safety us and everyone and or their family around us on the roads .

theres a lot more to my story and the roads and decisions I have made to get this far . I Have not been in this industry as long as your self and a lot of others here Im sure and just like every anything there has been lessons learned along the way .

Have I made mistakes you bet I have and Im hard as hell on my self and will be the first to tell anyone where I have screwed up and the lessons learned from those mistakes .

Do I wish that I came across the forum and your book before I started owning a truck HELL YES theres a lot of info here and good people that are will to share to help one be successful in the industry and you made a lot of great points in your book and i have referred back to it on a number of times .

I did in fact jump off into owning a truck and this business to early looking back
I would have been more successful had I waited and learned more to help make better decision in the beginning and through out this journey and I wont try and justify any of the mistakes I have made for my own self esteem or anyones opinion about me.I see that as a waste of time and in the end I stand alone the to deal with the repercussions good or bad .

I respect the hell out of you Rawze and appericate your kindness to share the info and knowledge for anyone willing to dig deep enough find solutions to issues or so that one doesnt end up with a repair bill when it could be a preventable maintenance costing less in the beginning VS the end.
Yes there many stories/journeys probably much worse than my own mine isnt special at all like you said and Im capable of making it just as well as the next guy.

About cutting corners hoping to make it longer to squeeze two nickels out of a dime to get further down the line I agree with you dont do it fix the problem the right way the first time .
Ive always said since I was old enough to understand what my Old Man told me growing up
"IF ITS WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING RIGHT THE FIRST TIME"
The only thing I have go to comment on within my post and similar post on the board that I feel could come or would be taken in any negative way is that though not every ones story is the same song and dance and not every one will have the money to do the things needing to be done right the first time and with obligations that must be met in order to keep something .
Everyone here knows just how expensive Trucks and the things needing to be fixed and at what cost we must take to be able to do them.
Thats why I too am like you if my equipment is ever in the shop witch is very very rarely due to the fact I have dont everything I can my self before I pay someone else to do it because owning a Truck means everything to do with that or your Business is our Job and until one makes enough and saves enough can they choose to make the call and pay some one else to work on all of it but Im sure there people out there if in that positions that they probably don't check the shops work and or portray the expectations they have when the hire some one .
I'm that respectful asshole that doesn't mind speaking it the way it is but not if I dont know what Im taking about . I like to say im the Perfect ass hole I dont even need preparation H

Going back to the ordeal about not having the funds to fix things some times
I have cut cost over and over till the extreme point that I have sacrifice a lot in order to get back on top of this whole situation .
I have never in my whole life had very much money and have never had a hand out I started this business with 60K after I found a need for service wrote a business plan and walked my 8th grade graduate ass in the bank and presented a my idea and got it. Then at that moment I had the most money I had ever seen and I went to a dealer ship and spent it on what I saw best to fit my plan .
and that was the 871 I spoke of and up until the day i traded it off I never knew just what the hell I had on my hands and or how great it was till this truck i have now . I have read and read this year learning everything I can and what do ya know i F**K** up

so here we are doing as my old man taught me fixing things the best way we can afford to and thats keeping your shi#t together so that we can still put food on the table and pay the rent on the down graded house "RV" to just make a living and keep on trucking day by day and the good lord lets us .

so ending that all i wanted to to say is that some times some people just dont have or never had a lot of money but they still got a mission to complete and survive doing so . but im learning and trying a little late in my game so im picking up the pieces along the way .

so to stay with a 2350 or to swap back to the reliable 871 is the real question
back to a motor that i can get better mileage and profit a little more CPM ....
longer life from the 871 ....
so many more pros to the 871 vs the 2350.
but is the pros that out weigh the cons cost effective to make the change or is the ratio way off and am I making a mistake and waiting time in looking into it ?
im not sure so im humbly asking for advice to make a good move .
thanks again for all that you put out here for Rawze
anyone else got any experiences that can shed a light on this ??

have a good day guys well be back later today
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: rebuild vs swap decisions - Ironsled - 08-14-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.