strange noise from firewall
08-17-2019, (Subject: strange noise from firewall ) 
strange noise from firewall
2015 Peterbilt 579
about 10 minutes after the truck is turned off a strange noise is heard from under the hood and fire wall. it is like a not lubricated door is closed and opened several times. anyone knows what might be this?
replyreply
RE: strange noise from firewall
Could be your fresh air door on the AC system. I had a vehicle or truck that used to do that, some sort of programing in the vehicle and was normal. On your Pete, no clue, but I would turn off truck and wait to locate it exactly. I am leaning towards the AC system.
replyreply
(08-17-2019 )alborz Wrote:  2015 Peterbilt 579
about 10 minutes after the truck is turned off a strange noise is heard from under the hood and fire wall. it is like a not lubricated door is closed and opened several times. anyone knows what might be this?

considering that you likely have either the rwrong program in your engine -- or a delete of some sort or another (like a bad delete as well?)...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid35740

and....

you have complaints of "high current draw" .. ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid40834

I would point my finger towards that sound possibly being the turbocharger making that noise, as it does its normal cleaning cycles whenever the ECM powers down.

Only problem is that it should do this as soon as the engine shuts off, where most people never notice it. -- NOT 10 minutes later!.

I have seen plenty of bad programming in ECM's cause them not to shut down properly. - If you suspect your ECM is not shutting down properly, then one way to check is to open the hood right after shutting truck off and see if you can spin the engine fan with your fingers (because the engine fan solenoid is still active). -- If you can, then the ECM is not shut off yet, and is still trying to run the engine even though it is no longer actually running... <- I.E. it is confused and in a hung program state.

If it gets into a hung program state, it could take a long time to finally shut down (hence the turbo cleaning cycle 10 minutes after it is normally supposed to happen).. and other issues like the engine fan solenoid not shutting off, and making for high current draw in the ecm.

-- Lastly, you need to pull that ecm program out of that thing and have it inspected by one of the recommended people on here., or e-mail it to me for an inspection if you value the health of that engine at all.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , alborz , Magard
Thank you Rwaze
The first link is for another truck
the second link is for this truck
How can I get the ECM program out?
replyreply
08-18-2019, (Subject: strange noise from firewall ) 
(08-17-2019 )alborz Wrote:  How can I get the ECM program out?

You don't really "get the ECM program out", so much as you copy it. Nobody can "steal" the programming out of your ECM, however they can download a copy and steal the copy, but unless changes are specifically made, your "program" stays as is.

Inline 5 or 6.
PM someone about getting a laptop setup w/Insite & C-t3rm, as this is NOT a file sharing site.

Open Module->etc->etc->upload calibration (from truck to pc) ...email to knowledgeable person...correct concerns, download calibration (from pc to truck), drive happy...something like that.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , DSTdriver
09-04-2019, (Subject: strange noise from firewall ) 
RE: strange noise from firewall. Solved
The strange noise was actually was from the rubber bushing of the cab rotating around . One the air bag under the cab was licking fast. So as the cab was going down that noise come from front where the front of the cab is connected to the Fram by that rubber bushing.
thanks for all the comments.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Bubblewrap

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.