C15 6nz Inframe time
08-18-2019, (Subject: C15 6nz Inframe time ) 
RE: C15 6nz Inframe time
You’re right.

Have been flicking through previous posts and Uni mentioning {name removeed} parts but sticking with OEM heads, injectors etc.

I’m just trying to find out more info about their crevice seal liners/standard, not much info or reviews out there.
replyreply
Could you post a link to that thread? I've been looking for it since yesterday.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
the {name removeed} steel liners are no joke and good stuff. They are hands down tougher and ductile than standard cast iron - we have been using steel on cats for a long time now and im never going back to cast liners again. that being said at modest HP levels no it probably isnt going to gain alot out of it but there is no reason to not as they dont have any reduced service life.

{name removeed} started making steel liners because i whispered sweet nothings in certain peoples ears. this is not market "trick" its really being produced to solve a certain high horsepower demand that cast liners have issues with. You can reduce the wall thickness of the liner by going to steel and can run bigger bore and more displacement. They called me to help them get that engine to run on the dyno without a truck lol.

i too have forgotten that link i posted for cats, ill do some digging.

found it!

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid37852
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , multitask , tree98 , Brock
08-19-2019, (Subject: C15 6nz Inframe time ) 
(08-18-2019 )Unilevers Wrote:  the {name removeed} steel liners are no joke and good stuff. They are hands down tougher and ductile than standard cast iron - we have been using steel on cats for a long time now and im never going back to cast liners again. that being said at modest HP levels no it probably isnt going to gain alot out of it but there is no reason to not as they dont have any reduced service life.

{name removeed} started making steel liners because i whispered sweet nothings in certain peoples ears. this is not market "trick" its really being produced to solve a certain high horsepower demand that cast liners have issues with. You can reduce the wall thickness of the liner by going to steel and can run bigger bore and more displacement. They called me to help them get that engine to run on the dyno without a truck lol.

found it!

Unileversssss just the man I was trying to get attention from!

Hahaha sweet nothings

Mate I’m glad you posted this reply thanks heaps! Few more questions should we use the crevice seal design liner or just go standard? Just spoke to them and they don’t have steel liners for the Cat engines only for the ISX. The standard kits include cast liners and articulated 2 piece pistons will that be ok or go 1 piece steel? Only running 550hp.

Thanks mate
replyreply
08-21-2019, (Subject: C15 6nz Inframe time ) 
Head is off, extreme valve recession, check out the 2 right ones:

./uploads/201908/post_2967_1566366639_3cb57faea40304a4746e13e67b5f8b5c.jpeg

2 of the cam lobes aren’t in the best shape either:

./uploads/201908/post_2967_1566366722_301e77f44c7c1514817a65764b4382b5.jpeg
./uploads/201908/post_2967_1566366776_395295af7c12d05c30d41982ffedd38e.jpeg

My brother has gone to Cat and ordered a new head, gasket kit, cam and a rocker.
Also ordered an aftermarket piston/liner kit according to Uni’s recommendation.
Friend of ours that works at a truck parts shop ordered a new bendix air compressor (better priced than a cat reman). She’s still the original compressor from new, have tested it a while back by pulling the main air line off and she did spit a small mist of oil into the tissue paper so nows the time for a new one.
replyreply
You cutting them counter bores?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: multitask
Block looks flat as a pancake! Looks virgin to me, will take some measurements:

Even the pistons looked good, liners smooth with no pitting:

If it wasn’t for the head being worn could of just put a headgasket on and off we go. Looked like was pushing gases through cylinder 2 & 4 of the firing ring.
replyreply
i would cut it, i can see the block fretting from here. Make sure you measure the new head for flatness.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: multitask , Brock
(08-19-2019 )multitask Wrote:  
(08-18-2019 )Unilevers Wrote:  the {name removeed} steel liners are no joke and good stuff. They are hands down tougher and ductile than standard cast iron - we have been using steel on cats for a long time now and im never going back to cast liners again. that being said at modest HP levels no it probably isnt going to gain alot out of it but there is no reason to not as they dont have any reduced service life.

found it!

Unileversssss just the man I was trying to get attention from!

Hahaha sweet nothings

Mate I’m glad you posted this reply thanks heaps! Few more questions should we use the crevice seal design liner or just go standard? Just spoke to them and they don’t have steel liners for the Cat engines only for the ISX. The standard kits include cast liners and articulated 2 piece pistons will that be ok or go 1 piece steel? Only running 550hp.

Thanks mate

they do have steel liners for cats, its just they only sell them to a few people.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: multitask

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.