870 front motor mounts
08-19-2019, (Subject: 870 front motor mounts ) 
870 front motor mounts
Had the front mounts changed about 3 years ago. I was under it today looking around and I noticed what looks like the mounts are moving? Like they aren't or weren't tightened enough??? What do you think is going on?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
08-19-2019, (Subject: 870 front motor mounts ) 
RE: 870 front motor mounts
(08-19-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Had the front mounts changed about 3 years ago. I was under it today looking around and I noticed what looks like the mounts are moving? Like they aren't or weren't tightened enough??? What do you think is going on?

thats normal the rubber expands and contracts under force and makes those little marks.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock , Waterloo , tree98
08-20-2019, (Subject: 870 front motor mounts ) 
You’ll see a large gap between the rubber and the bottom of the crossmember when they are worn. Those look fine to me

User's Signature: I may be cross eyed, but i don’t cross thread
replyreply
08-20-2019, (Subject: 870 front motor mounts ) 
(08-19-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Had the front mounts changed about 3 years ago. I was under it today looking around and I noticed what looks like the mounts are moving? Like they aren't or weren't tightened enough??? What do you think is going on?

maybe a pic of the top side of those mounts? and some perspective on where they are at?

Just does not seem normal to me that they would be rubbing bare metal to metal like that?. It would lean me to believe that eventually they would rub a hole/pocket into the frame?.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.