Air suspension dump valve
06-05-2016, (Subject: Air suspension dump valve ) 
Air suspension dump valve
I have an 08 international prostar that doesn't have an air suspension dump valve but it do have an sliding fifth wheel that doesn't need sliding. How do I convert the sliding fifth wheel air line to an air suspension dump valve while still using the sliding fifth wheel solenoid and switch in the dashboard in the cab. I recently purchased an leveling valve for the air suspension from the dealer to assist with the dumping of the air.
replyreply
06-05-2016, (Subject: Air suspension dump valve ) 
RE: Air suspension dump valve
More than likely your truck already might have the air suspension dump valve already installed, did you check behind the dash if you have a plug in your wiring for the switch. Might be as simple as just buying the switch and plugging it in?
replyreply
06-06-2016, (Subject: Air suspension dump valve ) 
Unfortunately the actual air solenoid is in a block under the cab next to the transmission. It's not as easy as just adding a switch unless the truck came with it from the factory. Mine is missing that solenoid. you should be able to use the air line to the fifth wheel, just hook it into the dump side of the valve.
replyreply
Thanks for answering my question as I want to keep the truck looking original as possible.
replyreply
I think you might be better off just adding an old school dump valve in the cab. Messing around with the newer International stuff is always a pain in the ass and can cause the truck to throw a code. Nothing is simple anymore on these trucks. It's all designed to break and cost you a lot of money to fix. My dump valve on my international started bling on the switch. The dealer diagnosed it and said it had a solenoid and switch problem. Cost to fix was just shy of $800. Put a manual dump valve in and took the light out of the switch so it doesn't blink. :)
replyreply
overdriveonline has an Internet article with photos on how to install a manual air dump valve on an international. 4 states trucking installed the dump valve and they covered the article.

I think the truck parts supplier named anythingtruck, sells them for about 40 or 50 bucks. I bought one a few months ago and put one on. It was a simple job to do and and I would rate the skill level that it took to do at a beginners level of 2 beers and 3 or 4 cuss words.
replyreply
I would rate the skill level that it took to do at a beginners level of 2 beers and 3 or 4 cuss words

did you give blood too?? Remember it don't count if you didn't :)
and thanks for the laugh..
replyreply
The 2010 386 Pete I bought didn't have it. I had to get the correct leveling valve and run an air line from the valve to the dash switch I got. Then just get supply air to the switch from something back there and it's all set. It doesn't show up on the info readout but who cares? It works.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.