Ism cummins 410 hp with emissions
08-21-2019, (Subject: Ism cummins 410 hp with emissions ) 
Ism cummins 410 hp with emissions
I am trying to get this ism cummins to be a fuel efficient truck it currently getting 5.5 mpg and. I would like to get upper 7 plus it had a high crankcase pressure code and a leaking exhaust o am planning to do a egr tuneup to see if the mpg can improve. Also I was to figure out the best sweet spot to govern it so it gets the best mpg ratio is 3.78 or 4.11 so far I think 65 is the best but over 65 mph the rpm is 15.50 of higher
replyreply
RE: Ism cummins 410 hp with emissions
better mpg starts with slowing down a bit, having a boost and pyro gauge, and driving by them.

A healthy engine is also required.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
(08-21-2019 )Rawze Wrote:  better mpg starts with slowing down a bit, having a boost and pyro gauge, and driving by them.

A healthy engine is also required.
Rawze, do you have a thread breaking down what boost and pyro guages are for and how to drive by them? Hopefully, I'll get a chance to meet you face to face when I come down to Mr Haggs friday
replyreply
The big link at the top called "Rawz's book"

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: david24
I not chasing speed I just bought the truck and that what I discovered with it so I am trying to make the truck run as efficient as possible it a pretty light truck with great suspension I just haven't found much info on ism engines
replyreply
08-23-2019, (Subject: Ism cummins 410 hp with emissions ) 
Any experts on the ism cummins engine I am trying to get it working just right
replyreply
09-08-2019, (Subject: Ism cummins 410 hp with emissions ) 
So I have the 9200i in the shop at international the verdict with the exhaust leak was a bad manifold section at the back of the motor. I also ask them to pressure test the radiator and cac and found out the cac is leaking pretty bad so now I know where my bad mpg is coming from. I did a egr tuneup and found the egr to be very clean. It had no soot in the egr delta p tubes or cross over tubes or egr pipe that was very surprising. They want 1378 for a new cac for that truck but I am looking for a cheaper alternative. I am thinking about getting the old cac recore.
replyreply
09-08-2019, (Subject: Ism cummins 410 hp with emissions ) 
(09-08-2019 )maddsports Wrote:  So I have the 9200i in the shop at international the verdict with the exhaust leak was a bad manifold section at the back of the motor. I also ask them to pressure test the radiator and cac and found out the cac is leaking pretty bad so now I know where my bad mpg is coming from. I did a egr tuneup and found the egr to be very clean. It had no soot in the egr delta p tubes or cross over tubes or egr pipe that was very surprising. They want 1378 for a new cac for that truck but I am looking for a cheaper alternative. I am thinking about getting the old cac recore.

be very careful of aftermarket CAC units. They are quite often more restrictive and cost you fuel efficient problems far worse than the few moneys you tried to save. This is especially true of $Uuralite and a few others that are heavily advertised.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.