GL4
08-23-2019, (Subject: GL4 ) 
GL4
Does anyone know where I can get GL4 gear oil at a reasonable price? My mouth about hit the floor when I began looking for it and at $30/gal, it just seems more reasonable to buy Lucas because you don't have to go looking.

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
RE: GL4
Go to Walmart, their house brand, Supertech, in a blue jug. If you are filling the rear end diffs, best to take truck to TA or Speedco, least expensive alternative, cheaper than buying by the gallon by a long shot. As far as Lucas, plenty written about that outfit, snake oil in my book. Best to stay with a real oil company, it is the additive package that they formulate that you want, not the J&J Baby Oil that Lucas specializes in.

I just checked Walmart pricing, $14.62 a gallon on their website...
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Tech-Ge...n/16795067
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
The Walmart Supertech is what I’ve been using , but it’s GL-5 classed. Can’t seem to find the GL-4 at my Walmart or the 2 Supercenters near me though.
replyreply
Order it online from Walmart, they usually ship very fast. They are competing with Amazon...
replyreply
Everything I have found in the Supertech is GL-5...even online
replyreply
Is the GL-5 harming any metals? What are your oil samples saying?
replyreply
(08-23-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Is the GL-5 harming any metals? What are your oil samples saying?

I use it most of the time. Never seen any issues in 1.3 million miles yet.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Pd6cas2
I buy citgo/mystik brand gear oil in 5g buckets. I think its about 10 bucks a gallon.
replyreply
(08-23-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Is the GL-5 harming any metals? What are your oil samples saying?
My oil samples are indicating raised copper levels. Last sample from Blackstone was 69 ppm.

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.