AC issue on my ISX
08-25-2019, (Subject: AC issue on my ISX ) 
AC issue on my ISX
Hey Gang!

Can anyone please help me? I have a 2014 Volvo w/ISX power. When sitting the AC works fine, but going down the road at highway speed with cruise on it eventually stops blowing. If I don't use cruise and keep varying speed, it's fine.

Hot is the Southeast!!
replyreply
RE: AC issue on my ISX
like fan stops or just gets warm?

if its getting warm then either pressure sensor is bad or the thermosisters

if stops blowing fan issues

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
If the fans are working, sounds like its low on freon.
replyreply
08-26-2019, (Subject: AC issue on my ISX ) 
Have the same issue. Idling, A/C blows cold. Going down the road it’ll blow cold then for no apparent reason the air flow decreases and the air starts warming up.

Ive changed every sensor, switch, accumulator, expansion valve, checked freon levels multiple times always full.

Have zero clue why it does this.

My truck is a 2014 Pete 388
replyreply
 Thanks given by: david24
^^ THIS

Sounds like a blend door issue. One of the actuators may be out of calibration. Does the air flow move to another part of the dash? Can you audibly hear the blower motor decreasing?

Also, If the blend door for the recirculate air option goes from recirculate to 'fresh air', it will get a little warmer since it's trying to cool ambient outside air.

- None of these would have anything to do with freon levels, BTW...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
I'm having similar issue. My air was blowing cold then it stopped blowing as cold. So I got out and noticed a pipe under the sleeper part of my truck that was frozen. I let the ice melt off of the pipe then the air started blowing cold again. I took pic of the pipe. Any ideas?

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201908/post_4238_1566874398_09bcdb2fc7b396f090b5e92ea4278e85.jpg
replyreply
Probably have moisture in the system, likely caused by a leak.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Moisture in the system. Insufficient flow through evaporator.
replyreply
08-27-2019, (Subject: AC issue on my ISX ) 
(08-26-2019 )david24 Wrote:  I'm having similar issue. My air was blowing cold then it stopped blowing as cold. So I got out and noticed a pipe under the sleeper part of my truck that was frozen. I let the ice melt off of the pipe then the air started blowing cold again. I took pic of the pipe. Any ideas?
Low on refrigerant.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: david24 , bwake , Mattman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.