just another tire thread..
08-25-2019, (Subject: just another tire thread.. ) 
just another tire thread..
Well as most of you know tires are WAY expensive.. so some time ago i thought i would try some different tires and see if they held up,( i run Michelin's drives and steers) but seeing as i had some problems getting drives at the time(xdn2) and i just blew a drive running over some crap in the road:@ the only tire that the place had was 4 bridgestones 726el.
Now i've run them before. they hold up well but as they wear down they lose grip..for me as i run mostly co,wy,mt.sd. grip is very important to me about 6+ mo out of the year,and tow truck's are expensive
But i still needed to get the other 4 tires so i though i'd try something different so i went to match up the stones with something the same size(ratio)...
Now i wont run crappy suckamoto or other Chinese crap, as they seem to last about a week or 2.before starting to wear funny or just spin,as the rubber is just sh5t.
But i spotted some General's RD. Now i run the RA's on a spread axle flatbed and have great results with them on my trailer. so i figured i could give the RD's a try.. WELL that was a BIG mistake!!! these things SUCK!!!! i Tried higher air/lower air, but they just chopped out made the truck vibrate so bad from the uneven tread wear coming to a stop I've never had a tire turn to sh5t that fast..EVER.. (and i've run some crap tires) so for some of you looking at this drive tire...RUN AWAY!!
SO back to my tried and true XDN2's and life is good again..
Oh and the stones a wearing very well nice and flat and still got lots of life in them, and i got them way before the RD's ...

User's Signature: hard to go 60 mph when the winds blowing 65+ in WY
replyreply
RE: just another tire thread..
Toyo M920A drive tires.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
RE: just another tire thread..
I suppose the thought of getting something with decent road rolling resistance was not considered? - This can be as much as 1 pmg per year ... I.E.> far more expense in fuel (tens of thousands by the time the tire wears out) vs any money you thought you might be saving. -- those 726EL's are right up there at the top of the 'fuel-wasting-scale' if there ever was such a thing. those things are horrible on fuel.

NEXT: You need to take some pics of the tire wear your getting. Sounds to me like your tearing your tires up ... driving the truck way too hard,.. or have some kind of serious over-weight hauling that eats tires there.. something abnormal.

What you describe is not normal, even for the crappiest tires out there ... something your doing .. or something on your truck or its operation is costing you tires unnecessarily?

Every set of drives I have ever put on my truck lasted more than 450k miles at a time, and steers last me 160k+ or more, depending on how well they were mounted. - matter of fact, I have only ever purchased 3 sets of drives so far, and have owned and driven my truck 1.3+ million miles. I am getting due for new drives at this point but they still have a bit of life left in them, so I am waiting for cooler weather before replacing them.

I drive all states and a lot of I-80 out west, dry-box and reefer, 80k or close to it most of the time, just like anyone else would that runs all 48. Am curious how someone can eat through tires so easily ... unless what they do abuses them somehow (or if it is their right foot killing them), and if so,.. I'd be damn sure that whoever was paying my settlement was compensating me for it dammed well. - Nothing should be done and no sacrifice should be made in a trucking business without a profit margin attached to it that can justify all expenses, repairs, replaxcement parts, and everything else that it takes to move someone's goods.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid40497

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Creek

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.