Wheel bearings
08-27-2019, (Subject: Wheel bearings ) 
Wheel bearings
If the truck has a million miles on original wheel bearings, but they look ok upon inspection; would you use them? Or replace them on principle?
replyreply
RE: Wheel bearings
Thats a no brainier. Being that you're already have them out because you're looking at them. and for the cost of brand new ones. You might as well just replace them. It's cheap insurance. Especially with something that has that many rotations on it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee , rrod
(08-27-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Thats a no brainier. Being that you're already have them out because you're looking at them. and for the cost of brand new ones. You might as well just replace them. It's cheap insurance. Especially with something that has that many rotations on it.

That would be my inclination too. But I’ve spent a lot of money on everything else already for those 2 axles, I didn’t know if I was being wasteful for no reason.
replyreply
I only replace mine when they start to show groves or chatter marks. Then again, I inspect them every 200k miles, or if i start getting unusual tire wear, etc. and keep everything torqued up properly too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
It's not necessary but if you have money that's burning a hole in your pocket and needs to be spent, it certainly won't hurt to replace them. IMO, there is no need to replace if everything checks out ok with them.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
08-30-2019, (Subject: Wheel bearings ) 
They had signs of wear. Maybe could’ve still used them, but for how much longer?
Changed them.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , rrod

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.