Scumbag demandate #4
08-28-2019, (Subject: Scumbag demandate #4 ) 
Scumbag demandate #4
2007 truck 2006 cm870. On my 4th typical scumbag "tune". Was done before I purchased the truck. Has a hx60w and all piping and valving has been removed. Has always had a rough idle and rough under power vibration. Pulling a pneumatic tank in Midwest grossing around 90k +-. Have been fairly steady around 5.8-6 mpg. Loaded both ways. I am desperately trying to get my motor to run smoother. But with said scumbag "tunes" we haven't been able to to do diagnostic tests thru insight. Tried injector cut out and it was kicking it out Everytime. I have just sent a message to uni about a ecm correction. But is there any other reason it would kick it out of Insight? (Local mechanic tried injector cut out)
I'm at my wit's end and don't know what else to do. And I'm tired of feeling like my motor is going to explode.
replyreply
RE: Scumbag demandate #4
Your best bet is to hook up with uni for this unless your planning to put the old turbo back on..... I know he will be able to get that thing running good, unless your having mechanical issues that is.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard
He’s really busy so be patient. Do you have inline adapter? If your serious about fixing it your gonna need that and a laptop.
replyreply
Someone needs to smack the idiot who convinced you to take off the one thing that engine has going for it the most (that fuel-efficient VG turbo) upside the head!.

Unless you put that VG turbo back on, you will never see any kind of decent fuel mileage gains out of it again, nor will the engine brake be nearly as strong. - The one best device for making that engine really efficient (that Vg turbo) ... was removed!. That engine will always be a slave to the intake-air that it can no longer control.

If anything, you should have gone the other way with it ... there are a few guys who have retrofit the newer electronic VG for a CM871 to the 870 with great success.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
I have considered going back to the vgt but I don't have the turbo/manifold and or sensors as this was done prior to my purchase.
replyreply
Manifold is easy to get. Not that expensive. If egr cooler is removed just don’t buy the curl side fore egr cooler buy two of the other side. All the other sensors are on the turbo. You’ll need to do all the little water lines also. It’s not that big a deal. Vg turbo is really cool. Best thing that ever came out of emissions technology. Used for efficiency and cooling and jakes instead of emissions.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
08-29-2019, (Subject: Scumbag demandate #4 ) 
After a short conversation with uni I was told I'm pushing around 700 hp with my "550 1850" tune. This is why it scared me. Just ordered inline 6. Will be getting taken care of shortly!!! Thanks to everyone for your inputs!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , Brock
For the short 150-200 mile turn loaded both ways to 90k gross with a spread pneumatic tank and 4 axel tractor not to mention unloading using a PTO blower for sometimes a total of 4 hours a day (usually 1 hr per load) and 90% Iowa Nebraska 2 lane stop and go what can a guy expect to get for mileage? Even with the setup now driving pretty conservative I am at the top of all 18-20 trucks in the companies fleet. 3406e's 6nz's c15 acerts c-12s 12.7s 1 Mercedes and 1 dd13. (Half company half O/O's) every quarter I'm #1. But I'm always trying to improve it. Every job is different. I just want the best for my application. I can't hypermile if never get what I need to get done. Occasionally I have to drive 68-70 to make things work since elogs came around. Just looking for inputs?
replyreply
Ive seen a couple of trucks like that lately. Mostly guys looking for a new truck, and they try to use that as a point to upsell them. Ex port trucks; the rest of the truck looks as bad as the engine runs.

Dont be surprised if it costs some $$$ to make it right. It still amazes me how many bad 'tuners' and how much bad advice there is out there.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , Waterloo , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.