Scumbag demandate #4
08-29-2019, (Subject: Scumbag demandate #4 ) 
RE: Scumbag demandate #4
I had a coworker with the exact issue as you, he had a turbo delete and the egr cooler removed by a big company and he said they had turned the horsepower up a little but it ran like crap.

I told him to get that egr cooler back asap or hed melt down number 6 (which I only knew from this forum).... about 6 months later he literally melted down number 6 cylinder and needed a full rebuild, at which point he decided he might start listening to my advice!!

After the rebuild he put the cooler on and I suggested it be dyno broke it then we could look at the tune , he was livid when he found out he was putting 700 to the wheels!!

Back in the day, that bug company was the only game in town and it was no secret they didn't know what they were doing, when he called them they even admitted they needed to get thstbtune out as they have learned and updated since then...... of course they wont tell their customers that until they have a melt down!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
From what I've read the egr cooler being gone doesn't effect the cm870?
replyreply
You better keep reading on that that doesn’t sound right. There should be a bypass pipe you can put on. No need to buy a cooler.
replyreply
I'll have to check into it. Thought I read it in a thread. Thanks!
replyreply
Don't know if this is cool or not, delete if it's not.
4393626 & 4367122. Those are the Cummins part numbers for the water pump bypass pipes. Genuine OEM, used on stationary engines without EGR cooler.
*requires a CM2250 rear/bottom EGR cooler port

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Magard , trucklogger2 , Waterloo
(08-29-2019 )Hammerhead Wrote:  Don't know if this is cool or not, delete if it's not.
4393626 & 4367122. Those are the Cummins part numbers for the water pump bypass pipes. Genuine OEM, used on stationary engines without EGR cooler.
*requires a CM2250 rear/bottom EGR cooler port

I have been looking for this. Here is a more complete detail for those who are curious...

.pdf  egr-bypasspipe_b.pdf (Size: 222.57 KB / Downloads: 347)

Essentially it is configuration BB1906-01, BB1906-02, BB1906-03, or BB1906-04. Not sure which one at this point for what model engine specifically though.

In coutries where that stuff is not ok, a person would be better off staying with with the EGR cooler if their truck has one. That way it is not obvious what someone may have done, as something like this is a dead giveaway.

Tags:
egr cooler bypass, egr bypass, cooler bypass, bypass pipe, cooler delete

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , Waterloo , Toolguy
08-30-2019, (Subject: Scumbag demandate #4 ) 
Hmmm. I'll definitely be looking into this. Anyone running that set up?
replyreply
(08-30-2019 )Curtisj28 Wrote:  Hmmm. I'll definitely be looking into this. Anyone running that set up?
Anyone that’s on there game is running a bypass of some kind. That’s the cleanest most factory setup.
replyreply
I don't know about the US, but in Australia - That block return elbow at the back is $350 for the EGR one & $1500 for the one to suit the bypass pipe. I usually cut and weld the rear pipe to suit the EGR block elbow. I've found this is quite important if the truck has an exhaust that runs straight down from the turbo. They clash with the elbow designed for that bypass pipe sometimes.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock , Waterloo , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.